- Pay Rate:
£35.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 9am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Honiton, Devon,
Interim Disrepair Surveyor – Property Services
Job Ref: E Devon 5244545
Pay Rate: £35.75 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 9am to 4pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Honiton, Devon
The purpose of the role is to provide the day to day repair service to tenants and maintain the Council’s housing stock. To manage the day to day repair/void contracts and contractors to a high standard providing high quality repair services to the Council and tenant. To support the Senior Technical Officer and other technical staff in achieving the priorities and objectives of the Council.
- Dealing with the reactive and planned property maintenance requirements of the Council’s dwellings within a prescribed budget and aligned to the contract, and to ensure compliance with the current Decent Homes Standard.
- Provide the day-to-day repair service to tenants and maintain the Council’s housing stock.
- Manage the day-to-day repair/void contracts and contractors to a high standard providing high quality repair services to the Council and tenant.
- Support the Senior Technical Officer and other technical staff in achieving the priorities and objectives of the Council.
- Investigate repair requests, diagnose faults and complaints, commission repairs and supervise them through to completion. Carrying out pre and post inspections of repairs in line with the current contract requirements.
- Establish appropriate effective working relationships with the current contractor/s which support and grow the partnership.
- Provide a supportive technical duty surveyor function to the current contractor/s, and the contact centre team on a rota basis.
- Undertake the preparation of condition surveys to enable the implementation of the planned and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Manage the quoted works and exclusion works elements of this contract to ensure value for money and accuracy of these works in line with the contract.
- Processing/managing claims for payment in line with specific Contract terms, set limits, Statutory Regulations, procurement rules and EDDC Standing Orders.
- Monitoring contractors on site and reporting on performance issues while ensuring value for money.
- Survey properties to identify, log and deal with the presence of asbestos based materials.
- Be involved in regular operational meetings with the current term contractor in order to assess contract performance.
- Check dwellings to ensure that the Council meets its legal responsibility in relation to Statutory Compliance in line with current Regulations, e.g. gas, electric, fire, legionella, solid fuel etc.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
A full UK driving licence and own car are essential.
- Good general education e.g. GCSE grade C and above – including Maths and English.
- HNC or equivalent in a building related subject or experience in building related work and identifying building defects and specifying repair works.
- Qualified Building Surveyor, or equivalent qualified building degree.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Evidence of practical experience in building related maintenance.
- Experience of the management of contracts and contractors.
- Experience of working with a local authority/housing association.
- Knowledge of building construction and contract management.
- A working knowledge of health and safety, gas safety, fire safety and asbestos regulations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to manage contracts and contractors.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Accuracy and attention to detail particularly when working to tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Disrepair Surveyor – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.