- Pay Rate:
£12.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Bromley, London,
Temporary Direct Payments Officer/Admin
Reference no: Bromley RQ818197
Pay Rate: £12.27 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however, the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The Direct Payments Officer will work with team members to provide a comprehensive, efficient, and effective health and social care direct payment function that ensures that residents are supported throughout the direct payment set up process.
- Set up service agreements on the Council’s electronic record management system to enable successful payment of goods and services related to direct payments.
- Complete amendments to direct payments on the Council’s electronic record management system.
- Terminate and suspend direct payments and record on the Council’s electronic record management system.
- Provide advice and guidance where necessary to residents in relation to direct payment set up and its process.
- Accompany where necessary care managers to residents home to complete reviews and discuss direct payments
- Receive a number of direct payment set up cases to manage and complete within an agreed time period.
- Take part in duty system – which includes responding to emails and calls from residents and colleagues as well as participate in mailshots and post tasks.
- Champion and advocate direct payment take up with residents and colleagues.
- Complete care and support planning for residents and calculate personal budgets and direct payments.
- Discuss with care managers, providers and residents any problems associated with the direct payment, delivery of service.
- Resolve problems or report to the team leader or manager.
- Attend to any complaints from residents and or their relatives, discuss with providers and find resolutions.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good standard of general education (to GCSE O Level or equivalent, including Mathematics and English).
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Understanding of the social care service, monitoring and managing direct payments or such service or be a resident responsible for providing such service.
- Experience in dealing with residents over the phone.
- Communicating effectively with vulnerable residents and their relatives and friends.
- Communicating effectively with provider of services.
- Experience of working within a direct payments and /or charging team within a social care environment.
- Experience of working with a CCG to deliver a service
- Experience of working with social care financial systems.
- Experience of conducting interviews, brokering support, care and support planning with residents and of working with a range of people, including pensioners and people with disabilities.
- A good understanding of social care issues and the implications to residents and providers.
- An understanding of contracts and service agreements for goods and services.
- Knowledge of how social care is organised and funded; and knowledge of direct payment legislation.
- Knowledge of the personalisation and person-centred care planning.
- Knowledge of the NHS personal health budget agenda and CCG function.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, staff, the general public, statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
- Ability to respond to change quickly and problem solve.
- Ability to accurately record minutes/ notes of meetings.
- Ability to organise meetings and events with direction.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Direct Payments Officer/Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.