- Pay Rate:
Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim DEV OPS ENGINEER – MANCHESTER - Hybrid Working – DIGPSR 1JP00062405 *Rate Increased*
Pay Rate: Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Manchester – min 2 days a week in office
Anticipated contract for 12 months.
Security Clearance: BPSS basic but they should be eligible to apply for Security Check (SC) clearance
To support the management of the Network and Telephony estate, ensuring that technologies (Layer 2/3 switches, WiFi APs, VPNs, Load-balancing Firewalls, VOIP, Contact Centres) remain available, performant to SLAs/OLAs and relevant to business requirements.
This role will monitor all technologies in the suite, investigating incidents, resolving problems, and developing and applying fixes and changes. The role will deliver upgrades to technologies, implement new functionality and seek to continuously improve the technologies to support the organisation in better ways.
The role will ensure that the technologies remain secure, protecting data and users from cyber-attack and unauthorised loss.
This role will engage with users, supporting their needs and ensuring that a high-quality customer-focused service is delivered.
- Support the planning, budgeting and accounting for the Infrastructure Operations (Network & Telephony) Team’s work
- Continuously monitor and operate network and telephony technologies (on-premise, and SaaS), ensuring technologies remain available 24/7/365, performant to SLAs/OLAs, and delivering a good user and customer experience
- Proactively identify and resolve infrastructure issues before they impact the user/customer
- Deliver Incident Management, diagnosing the root causes of incidents, developing work arounds and fixes, to return infrastructure and users to an operational condition
- Deliver Problem Management, diagnosing root causes of problems, prioritising maintenance activity and developing fixes
- Deliver Change Management, continuously seeking to improve technologies, promoting unused functionality and working with users to develop new ways of working
- Deliver Capacity Management, continuously monitoring the utilisation of the infrastructure and forecasting when capacity levels will be breached, recommending remedial actions to be taken
- Routinely practice and test DR and ITSCM routines to maintain confidence in the resilience of hosted systems
- Implement upgrades to technologies, keeping them at N or N-1 states, coordinating change activity, engaging with users and ensuring that upgrades are understood and appropriate
- Document all technologies, including restoration priorities, power-down routines and installation sequencing
- Maintain all hosted infrastructure records in a secure configuration management database with an accurate record of technology assets, by serial number, age and lifecycle refresh point
- Ensure the security of technologies and the IT estate, defending against cyber-arrack, preventing unauthorised access, unauthorised data exchange and data-loss
- Ensure that technologies are routinely backed up and copies of all data and applications securely maintained.
- Proven experience with WAN and LAN switches (Meraki), Wireless Access Points (Meraki), firewalls (Cisco and Palo Alto), Load-balancing (Citrix Netscaler), Virtual Private Network (VPN), VOIP telephony and contact centre and collaboration technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document.
- Security Clearance: BPSS basic but they should be eligible to apply for Security Check (SC) clearance
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Dev Ops Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.