- Pay Rate:
Up to £629.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Interim Development Stream Lead/IT/Data & Analytics
Reference no: DIGTL 0006 B7A3 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £629.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
Hybrid work – please note that IT equipment will not be supplied
The post holder is accountable for leading the successful development and delivery of data and analytics solutions and applications which support operational and business decision making by directing a technically high skilled team with expertise capability within the Analytics Development and Delivery team.
- Accountable for leading the delivery of business intelligence solutions, which will be operational for 2 – 5 years, from the Data and Analytics’ Development and Delivery team, which support a range of strategic business processes relating to operational performance, usage of the Future Ticketing Programme/ Oyster revenue collection system and other high profile data sets.
- Lead a development stream and own the delivery of complex multiple projects, from development to operational release, ensuring the team is adequately resourced, ensuring any critical technical issues relating to development are raised to the Data and Analytics Leadership team.
- Accountable for the continuous maintenance and improvement of existing best practice and development of new solutions to ensure the optimal creation and production of business intelligence is in line with the Technology and Data strategy set by the Chief Technical Officer.
- Responsible for delivery of design solutions and resolution of complex issues ensuring risk mitigation through system and process controls. Ensure that the policy on privacy and data protection is adhered to in the design of all solutions & the access to data is controlled, that personal data is stored securely ensuring anonymity in accordance with best practice guidelines.
- Lead and articulate the vision for continuous advancement in data and analytics tooling and technology based on industry trends and best practice so that ETL code or reports/visualisations delivered meets business requirements, aligns to the Technology and Data Strategy, conforms to Data and Analytics design specifications and is compliant with data protection, audit & finance guidelines
- Provide insight to inform customer and business decisions (harnessing data to solve transport challenges).
- Own Business Intelligence/Data Science, data and/or analysis platforms, and the frequent delivery and support of all production services using these platforms. A priority will be designing delivery of tools that allow for self-serve, providing quality information for decision making.
- Ensure the team document the technical design of data warehousing and/or business intelligence application components in accordance with Data and Analytics’ standards and ensure they complete all exit / entry requirements from a governance perspective.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure technical fixes are addressed where necessary & can run in a system testing environment.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Extensive experience in managing business intelligence development teams delivering complex projects in multi-vendor environments.
- Experience undertaking development in a data team
- Azure development experience.
- Broad experience of managing risks and mitigations related to business intelligence solutions development.
- Experience in design and development of complex data and analytics solutions in an iterative manner for large enterprise business /data warehouse implementations.
- Experience in delivery of data and analytics solutions/applications to automate business processes and to meet user function and quality characteristics, including but not limited to; performance, availability, scalability, security, and integrity.
- ETL coding standards: ensuring that code is standardised, self-documenting and can be reliably tested.
- Expert knowledge of ETL, data warehousing, data modelling, dealing with big data and the approaches.
- Expert knowledge of data schema structures and design and how they can be correctly applied to deliver robust solutions that meet specifications.
- Expert knowledge of Agile development techniques and measurements ensuring that team size and structure is appropriate for scenario-A degree in a relevant technology/computer science subject/equivalent technical qualification plus sound on the job experience of the platform specialism.
- Knowledge of best practice data encryption techniques and standards.
- Knowledge of relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act, including knowledge of basic confidentiality and data protection requirements that apply to the processing of customer information.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques.
Technical Knowledge of the following is essential:
- Delta Tables
- Event Hub
Skills & Abilities:
- Expert in data and analytics solution design and implementation using Agile and equivalent methodologies; leading a team whose responsibility is to deliver across multiple projects.
- Expert in tooling and technology that support all aspects of the Data and Analytics development lifecycle in an agile scrum environment.
- Exceptional problem solving, design and architectural skills.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and deliver new/changed services.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, source of inspiration for team and peers.
- Ability to build effective working relations with project delivery teams.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Development Stream Lead/IT/Data & Analytics
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.