- Pay Rate:
up to £288.46 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Interim Design Engineer - Project Delivery
Reference no: CCC (HQ) 16720
Pay Rate: up to £288.46 per day PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 35 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
To support the Group Manager Design and Delivery and other managers within P&S indelivering the Council and Directorate’s objectives through joined-up service planning, community engagement and the flexible use of resources.
The team will work with wider teams within Project Delivery to progress local infrastructure projects with varied levels of difficulty, being the main point of contact, and centre of excellence on those projects which require design input. The team will be responsible for developing the design of the project in line with CDM 2015 requirements to meet the agreed objectives, whilst working to a defined scope, budget, and programme.
- Support the wider design team in developing projects that best meet the needs of the local community by actively seeking input from local members, key stakeholders, potential users, and the local community, throughout the design of projects.
- Ensure project sponsors are kept informed of project progress and queries are dealt with sympathetically and within agreed response times.
- Capable of explaining technical design aspects to non-technical stakeholders.
- Assist in all aspects of the planning and design of local infrastructure projects (e.g., highways, bridges, rights of way, etc)
- Assist in ensuring projects take due regard of the needs of all users of the network, especially those who are vulnerable or have particular needs.
- Assist in liaison with colleagues across the directorate and the Council to ensure the service / projects are delivered in the most efficient, effective, and co-ordinated manner.
- Be the design lead on less complex infrastructure projects in agreement with your line manager.
- Assist with the engagement of key partners such as the District Councils, Department for Transport, Highways England, Network Rail, Environment Agency, Local Enterprise
- Partnership, Community Groups, and others as required, to deliver infrastructure projects that meet the Council’s and partners’ objectives.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- HNC in Civil Engineering or related subject, or equivalent NVQ/BTEC
- Completion of a Level 5 apprenticeship in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience through current job role and further learning to Level 4.
- Attaining a relevant professional membership qualification e.g., EngTech MCIHT.
- Knowledge of traffic management.
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 requirements.
- Previous experience designing varied highway infrastructure projects – local authority or consultant
Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good letter writing and report writing skills
- Computer literate including an understanding of spreadsheet and database packages, and computer aided design software.
- Be able to attend meetings out of hours when necessary
- Can visit offices and sites, when necessary, where public transport is limited.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Design Engineer - Project Delivery
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.