- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- SOUTH SHIELDS, Tyne & Wear,
Temporary Deprivation of Liberty (DoL’s) Support Officer / Admin
Reference no: S Tyneside 1004469514814270
Pay rate: £11.39 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: SOUTH SHIELDS, Tyne & Wear
The purpose of this role is to provide support and assist in working towards the objectives of the Service/Group. This will include undertaking a selection of specialist duties which are highlighted below.
- Ensure that office equipment, stationery and other office consumables (including basic maintenance) are ordered in accordance with purchasing procedures.
- Undertake the management of manual and computerised records/management information systems, escalating any issues regarding accuracy and inconsistency of information where appropriate.
- Provide advice, guidance or signpost staff, public etc. with regard to internal policies/procedures and external regulations/legislation.
- Process completed referrals and prepare completed documents for the statutory body’s signatory.
- Receive and assess referrals in order to prepare for DoLS.
- Support the DoLS team in the coordination of assessments to the timescales required, and support professional colleagues undertaking the roles of Best Interest and Mental Health Assessors.
- Be a resource and provide advice and information as required.
- Be expected to have appropriate contact with family members and relevant persons involved in the DoLS process.
- As an individual demonstrate excellent interpersonal, IT and organisational skills, which will support the Council to effectively discharge its duties as the Supervisory Body.
- Assist with promotion and marketing activities. Undertake financial processing activities such as processing of orders and invoices (incoming and outgoing).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Have demonstrable experience of undertaking high pressured administrative support within a Statutory setting.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Deprivation of Liberty (DoL’s) Support Officer / Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.