- Pay Rate:
£21.80 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Procurement & Contract Manager
Reference no: LFB 0006 C96B / 1
Pay rate £21.80 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
To manage the FM contracts within the Property Department and ensure the services are delivered in accordance with the scope of the contracts and the Brigade’s policies and procedures. To ensure all related service level agreements are met and that all targets, policy, standards, statutory legislation and good practice are followed for the FM service contracts to the Brigades estate. To monitor expenditure against budget codes and ensure accurate fiscal records of expenditure for each FM supplier
- To act as the lead officer for nominated FM service contracts and be responsible for the day to day management ensuring they meet the Brigade’s requirements and comply with relevant policies and procedures. Ensure that appropriate monitoring regimes are in place to monitor performance of all elements of the FM service contracts and report this as required to line management.
- To monitor planned services delivered as part of the FM services contracts and ensure they are delivered to the required frequency and standards with evidence received as required. Ensure the strategy for the planned services is appropriate, protects the Brigade’s interests and ensures the estate is maintained in an acceptable condition.
- To monitor reactive works raised against the contracts and interact with the team as required to ensure work orders are correctly prioritised and resolved within the contractual timescales. Provide guidance to ensure prompt resolution and act as a liaison point between the premises and the suppliers as required.
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of all the delivery elements of the FM contracts and the Brigade’s estate and contribute towards the monitoring and management of both. Contribute to the setting up of the systems for the management of the FM contracts, ensuring a clear audit trail is in place.
- Working with the Brigade’s systems and data, ensure a comprehensive database of all assets relevant to the FM service contracts is maintained, with assets identified which are critical to maintaining the operational status of the Brigade. Ensure any asset changes are incorporated into the asset database and support the handover of any assets from other Property teams to the supply chain.
- Lead on communication across the Property teams for services related to the FM service contracts to ensure coordination and avoid duplication of works. Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the Brigade’s estate in relation to the FM services along with a working knowledge of the priorities across the estate and other works being completed.
- Ensure value for money is delivered through the FM services and in accordance with the contracts. Ensure all financial approvals required for reactive works over the quote threshold and any remedial works following planned maintenance are provided promptly and accurately. Ensure processes are in place to check all quotations and financial applications for compliance with the contract and value for money and challenge as required. Ensure approvals are only given within approval limits and in line with the Brigade’s standing orders and provide recommendations to senior management for any works above these limits.
- Maintain appropriate health and safety systems and processes to ensure compliance with Brigade policy and control of the delivery of the FM services including reactive works. Ensure required H&S work risk assessments and method statements are received and reviewed for the services and maintain records. Manage any H&S concerns and incidents related to the FM services and provide advice as required.
- Have a working knowledge of the Brigade’s Standard Station Design Brief (SSDB) which sets out the standards to be achieved at the premises and ensure all works and services instructed for FM services comply with the relevant sections.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained for the FM services and assist in the preparation and monitoring of management and financial information as required in the contracts and as requested by the manager
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge and experience of FM contract management and monitoring performance of a supply chain providing services to a client
- Knowledge of good Health and Safety practices applying both in an office environment and operational premises, together with an awareness of the relevant legislation and regulations
- Practical experience of contract administration including change control processes, contract plans and procedures and governance procedures
- Experience of financial procedures including monitoring budgets and expenditure, providing cost estimates, maintaining accurate financial records and providing financial information
- Effective oral communication skills in order to liaise negotiate with staff at all levels as well as external contractors, consultants, representatives of external organisations and members of the public
- Effective written communication skills to prepare reports and correspondence regarding property management issues
- Good interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels
- Well developed organisational skills in order to manage own workloads, respond to priorities and to ensure deadlines are met
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Procurement & Contract Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.