- Pay Rate:
£15.38 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
42.50 Monday – Friday, 08:00 - 17:00
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- WALTHAMSTOW, LONDON,
Reference no: PHA TCL 0008 765E / 1
Pay Rate: £15.38 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 42.50 Monday – Friday, 08:00 - 17:00
This opening assignment is for 2 months
City: WALTHAMSTOW, LONDON
Basic DBS disclosure required
Carry out skilled painting and decorating work to a high standard. This will include all preparation work, all types of painting and redecoration works including wall papering, painting with various paints and finishes both inside and outside, including artexing and other specialist finishes.
- Preparation work before painting and decoration can take place, both internal and external
- All types of painting and redecoration works including wall papering, painting with various paints, varnishes and finishes both inside and outside, including artexing and other specialist finishes.
- Diagnose where repairs and maintenance are required
- Identify quantities required to complete each task
- Identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety
- Carry out planned tasks in accordance with contract/agreed requirements on services and associated systems
- Carry out tasks within agreed time limits
- Ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety
- Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work
- Report to Line Manager
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Achieved the qualifications and have completed an appropriate apprenticeship for insert as applicable e.g. minimum NVQ Level 2 in painting and decoration
- Hold the following insert as applicable e.g. . CSCS card
- Driving Licence
- Requisite knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the trade
- Understand and deliver good customer service
- Understanding of the industry standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations for this role
- Experience in this type of job role – minimum 4+ years
- Damp and mould experience preferable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Skills in the preparation of all types of surfaces and painting and decoration using a variety of papers and paints to achieve various specialist finishes
- Demonstrate good time management and project management skills
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.