- Pay Rate:
Up to £10.19 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- OXFORD, Oxfordshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Data Collation & Entry Admin Clerk – One Fleet
Job Reference: Oxfordshire 5219360
Pay Rate: Up to £10.19 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours can be flexible, mixture of on-site and home working. Initial location will predominantly be Kidlington but will also be required to attend offices in Central Oxford and potentially other sites within the county.
The Council One Fleet project team are due to commence the installation and configuration of the replacement fleet management system and require a data collection and entry clerk working under direction to collect and transfer data from several disparate sources into the new fleet management system. As the data is currently held in eight different service area locations, as noted below, and in multiple formats, such as, on an existing fleet management system, in MS Excel spreadsheets, and on handwritten notes, the role requires a person who can communicate at multiple levels within the organisation and immediately report back where difficulties are encountered. The service areas are:
- Fire & Rescue Service (F&RS)
- Highways Area Operations
- Countryside Ops and Volunteer Co-ordination team
- Supported Transport team
- Property Services - Hard Facilities Management team (Hard FM)
- Adults Social Care team
- Children Services team
- De-Carbonisation team
The role will be an initial 3-month contract and will interact with the newly formed centralised Fleet Management team as the knowledge gained in understanding the data and the new system will be invaluable to the Strategic Fleet Manager.
- In the first instance, transfer of data between the F&RS Tranman system, supplied by Civica, and the new fleet management system
- Work with F&RS Tranman administration staff to understand driver, fleet, and workshop information, both current and historical, held on the Tranman system. Taking note of vagaries, to include, but not limited to, incorrect spelling and multiple methods of the entry for the same data item
- In conjunction with One Fleet PM and F&RS staff agree the order on which the data is transferred to the new system and the manner of correction for the identified vagaries
- Copy Tranman data into the new system, taking care with accuracy of data input, and further checking for vagaries
- Keep the project manager aware of progress and of any issues as they arise
- Work with F&RS administrative staff to validate the data in the new system on completion and amend where required
- Agree order for data transfer for remaining service areas with PM and Strategic fleet manager
- Complete data transfer for remaining service areas following the same pattern as used for F&RS, in respect of data collation, transfer and validation
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent data management experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Demonstrable experience of accurate and timely data input and data management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills and ability to use initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Data Collation & Entry Admin Clerk – One Fleet
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.