- Pay Rate:
£28.31 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Kensington, London,
Interim Data Architect – IT Services
Reference no: K&C 5228551
Pay Rate: £28.31 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Hybrid working – 2 days per week in the office
The data architect will design and build the overall data architecture or series of architectures, in support of the creation of an organisation wide data strategy. Owning the implementation and helping to create business and user value from maturing data. The role makes a significant contribution to data strategy and leads significant data projects and programmes of work.
- Define the enterprise data strategy for RBKC, describing how strategic intelligence will be built as it pertains to DD&T. through collaboration with colleagues in Data, Application and Enterprise functions
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the council to identify the long-term DD&T needs of the organisation and the development and maintenance of the business focused data strategy.
- Create data standards and architecture across RBKC for implementation across the council.
- Contribute to architecting and providing strategy for Data Warehouse Management and operational Data Service Management.
- Define binding data enterprise policies and regulations.
- Guide RBKC business users and DD&T colleagues with advisory support, defining how to make the best use of data assets to improve reporting, visualisation and decision making,
- Design and build a target data architecture (or series of architectures).
- Lead the development of the organisation’s approach to master data.
- Partner with colleagues across the organisation to help improve the understanding about what is possible with data. Turn this vision into project and programme plans which can be costed and delivered where appropriate.
- Lead the development of appropriate technology, so that the organisation can combine, analyse and share multiple data sources.
- Investigate available data sources internally and externally, identifying opportunities to maximize the value that the organisation achieves from these assets and define processes to acquire and validate this data to make it usable.
- This will include leading other members of the team to improve reporting and build insights for business-critical services.
- Lead a range of data suppliers and partners to achieve goals, such as daily oversight, setting strategic direction and leading on commercial relationships.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant specialist area.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proficiency in using data visualisation tools (e.g. D3.js, Tableau etc) and query languages such as SQL, Hive, R.
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern data practices including the technologies used, platforms and services and the interface with cloud technologies.
- Deep demonstrable understanding of data architecture including the ability to explain this in a compelling way in non-technical language.
- Demonstrable experience of architecting and deploying AWS or Azure data cloud solutions based on service requirements ensuring effectiveness, price efficiency and security
- Able to design connections between disparate data sets together from different systems to facilitate analytics and mapping customer journeys.
- Authoritative knowledge of the legislation, principles, practices, and procedures relevant to the role.
- In-depth knowledge of modern database types
- Knowledge of corporate, industry and professional data standards
- Deep understanding of data architecture, including how to explain this to non-technical people
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the complexities of data regulation, practices, skills, frameworks and strategy in the UK public sector, as well as the supplier market
- Substantial experience working at a senior level in a relevant role
- Proven ability to manage budgets and resources.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Data Architect – IT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.