- Pay Rate:
£13.35 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary DAS Tutor
Reference no: Dorset BL TCL350233
Pay rate £13.35 per hour PAYE
NPPV2 Vetting required
To provide webinar, classroom and potential in car education to members of the public on the dangers and hazards of driving and risks to road users. To present and engage with course participants using behaviour change techniques to influence positive change in driving behaviour
- Provide webinar & classroom education to members of the public or commercial organisations in accordance with Dorset Police code of ethics and governance.
- To form productive and positive relationships with other DAS staff, partners and members of the public.
- To present driver education courses as specified by Dorset Police and in accordance with the relevant lesson plans and governance.
- To use appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
- To liaise with other stakeholders as required.
- Provide DAS Admin with the necessary daily records.
- To source materials/manuals and stationery when required.
- Maintain continued professional development surrounding road traffic legislation and health and safety.
- To be proficient in solving IT issues when presenting and delivering educational initiatives.
- To be proficient in preparing a scheme of work
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A recognised training/teaching qualification (e.g. NPIA Trainer certificate or equivalent City & Guilds Further Adult Education certificate, Certificate of Education, Certificate in Training Practice, or equivalent NVQ III in Learning & Development) OR Similar extensive experience together with a commitment and potential to achieve such a qualification
- A sound knowledge of road safety/accident prevention and evidence of continued professional development
- Must have a broad understanding of issues affecting the police service and be able to evidence appropriate behaviour especially in the area of diversity, to ensure the appropriate image is displayed in line with the Code of Ethics
- Excellent communication skills to communicate positively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, in particular PowerPoint
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- NPPV2 Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.