- Pay Rate:
£10.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- STANLEY, County Durham,
Temporary CYPS Childcare Assistant - Children & Young People's Services
Reference no: Durham 1004216214821292
Pay rate: £10.79 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
City: STANLEY, County Durham
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A CYPS Childcare Assistant is required to join the team, working in a Nursery. To deliver high quality childcare services for families and children and to assist in the delivery of stimulating indoor and outdoor activities suitable for children in the 0–5 years age range. Previous experience of working within Early Years Foundation Stage as well as sound knowledge of Safeguarding procedures is desirable for this role.
- Work in accordance with the EYFS and statutory Welfare Requirements.
- Assist in the provision of a stimulating range of activities both indoors and outdoors and out, relevant to the needs of children in the Nursery.
- Observe, monitor and record children’s learning in accordance with the EYFS.
- Work outdoors in all weathers for large proportions of the day.
- Contribute to the planning of adult led activities and evaluate learning identifying next steps.
- Encourage the children to develop their independence and individuality with supportive group care by working as a team member
- Treat information on work related matters confidentially, maintaining accurate records
- Willing to attend training as identified.
- Help meet the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of the children.
- Assist in maintaining high standards of hygiene with regard to children, equipment and the premises.
- Record and report any injury as well as any suspicious non accidental injury in accordance with safeguarding procedures.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Level 3 Cache in Childcare and Education.
- NVQ Level 3 in a Relevant Early Years Childcare and Education Qualification or equivalent.
- Level 1 in Safeguarding Training.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous experience of working within Early Years Foundation Stage as well as sound knowledge of Safeguarding procedures.
- Experience of working in a 0-5 day care under the EYFS framework.
- Experience of working with children with SEND.
- Working knowledge of EYFS and welfare requirements.
- Sound knowledge of Safeguarding procedures.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to relate to children and their families and carers.
- Efficient and effective team working.
- Ability to deliver measurable outcomes.
- Efficient customer service skills.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- High personal and professional standards.
- Willingness to work outside normal hours including evenings and weekends.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
CYPS Childcare Assistant - Children & Young People Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.