- Pay Rate:
£11.88 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
32.5 Monday – Friday, 9am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- March, Cambridgeshire,
Temporary Customer Service Advisor/Admin
Reference no: Fenland 5224962
Pay Rate: £11.88 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive and in-depth information and advice service to the Council's customers in person, over the phone and via email or the Web. Dealing with enquiries, requests for service, income collection and comments, compliments and complaints relating to all aspects of the Council's and its partners' services, ensuring an excellent level of customer service at all times.
- Provide advice and information on the full range of Council services, resulting in an effective first point of contact for service users.
- Seek to resolve individual enquiries and complaints about Council services.
- Promote and contribute to the development of the Council’s ‘One Team’ philosophy and approach to service delivery
- Act as an advocate for customers when dealing with other services, agencies and organisations. Follow up matters that cannot be dealt with immediately and take responsibility for ensuring that issues concerning other Services, agencies and organisations are referred promptly to the appropriate contact.
- Be familiar with, and work within, the detailed procedure guidelines process maps laid down for the operation of all the services. These may be varied from time to time to reflect the changes in service requirements.
- Update and maintain the computer-based information systems.
- Ensure that all information relating to the users of the service is used within the terms of the Data Protection Act and that confidentiality is maintained and guidelines for the release of information are followed
- Ensure that all income whether it is cash, cheque or debit/credit card is reconciled daily, and monies are banked in accordance with the code of Financial Management and other Regulations pertaining. Assist with replenishing the payment machines and encouraging customers to self-serve.
- Assist in the completion of electronic application forms, enquiry forms, direct debit mandates, standing order forms etc.
- Agree arrangements for repayments with customers who have accounts in arrears, within Council guidelines and procedures.
- Keep up to date with the Council’s policies and activities and be fully conversant with all forms, leaflets and website available to the public. Make available, documents on deposit, publications and other literature and to provide assistance, as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of information displays ensuring that the centre is kept neat and tidy at all times.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- NVQ2 Customer Services – desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience working in a high pressured customer service environment.
- Customer service skills – demonstrate ability to deal responsively, positively and sensitively to customer needs
- Clerical skills e.g. filing, record keeping, diary programming and use of general office equipment
- A high level of numeric skills
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to read the written word in English
- Well organised approach to work with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Customer Service Advisor/Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.