- Pay Rate:
£9.90 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.5 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Camborne, Cornwall,
Full Job Title: Temporary Customer Service Adviser/Administrator - Customer Services
Reference no: Cornwall 5222032
Pay Rate: £9.90 per hour PAYE
4 full time members of staff working 7.5hr shifts between 0830 and 1800 Monday to Friday for a Contact Centre based in Camborne initially for a 12-week period.
Working from home is an option for this role but you need to be flexible with this as you may be required to work from the office to collect IT equipment, for training or due to any technical issues arising from homeworking i.e. no internet/power outages etc.
Successful candidates will be provided with a laptop, keyboard & mouse and a desktop telephone. Candidates will need to have access to their broadband router to connect the telephone.
The role will include answering telephone enquiries from members of the public and data input on a range of Services primarily Waste Service for this year’s Garden Waste Subscription renewals. Full training will be provided via Microsoft Teams with the in-house Training team.
To provide proactive and comprehensive guidance, information and resolution to both internal and external customers which will involve interpreting the customer’s need, initiating appropriate service delivery and ensuring effective resolution of their requests.
- Receive requests, assess and establish the reason for the request, together with its urgency, and taking prompt, appropriate action in accordance with procedures and instructions for all services in multiple service lines
- To resolve customer enquiries by telephone, internet, email and webchat
- Use customer service IT packages and update and maintain computerised information systems to ensure the Service performs successfully
- Resolve enquiries as far as possible to their conclusion at first point of contact
- Take follow up action and represent the customer in an effective manner by liaising with service delivery teams and partners in a coordinated way
- Participate in the development of Customer Services and contribute to continuous learning
- Ensure a proactive, positive and flexible approach to the variety of tasks and work patterns within the role as Customer Services develops, enabling effective and appropriate staffing levels to meet customer demand
- Contact customers to monitor satisfaction and quality control checks
- Deal with customer’s complaints in accordance with the Corporate Complaints process, advise customers of the applicable procedures, proactively resolving complaints wherever possible and recording them as advised and escalate to Service Recovery team if required
- To resolve all customer enquiries in a professional and efficient manner at first point of contact
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Proven experience of working within team providing an excellent standard of customer service
- GCSE Level English and Mathematics (at Grade C or above) or equivalent
- Working towards (or willing to) NVQ 3 Customer Care and ECDL qualification or equivalent
- Experienced operator in Windows based technology e.g. Web & telephone
- Experienced in dealing with and defusing conflict
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to apply creative thinking to find solutions to problems, including complex situations
- Effective Communicator
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Good listening skills
- IT Literate
- Excellent keyboard skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Customer Service Adviser/Administrator - Customer Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.