- Pay Rate:
£16.35 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NEWHAM, LONDON,
Temporary Customer Liaison & System Support Officer
Reference no: Newham RQ847674
Pay rate £16.35 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
To review and respond to all emailed/written parking enquiries that are outside of those items of correspondence dealt with by the Penalty Charge Notice Processing team. To include, but not exclusive to, all permit complaints & enquiries, enquiries regarding possible abuse of the permit system, for example oversize vehicles, enquiries regarding the introduction of parking enforcement for example, Healthy School Streets and Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- To respond to all emailed/written parking enquiries that are outside of those items of correspondence dealt with by the Penalty Charge Notice Processing team.
- To include, but not exclusive to, all permit complaints & enquiries, enquiries regarding possible abuse of the permit system, for example oversize vehicles, enquiries regarding the introduction of parking enforcement for example, Healthy School Streets and Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- To ensure the effective implementation of the Council’s corporate complaints procedure and to act as the Stage 1 Complaints officer for the parking service with regard to that procedure.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Parking Systems Administrator, to assist with the delivery of those Parking service quality business systems which apply to the Parking Service
- To support the development of an organisational culture that is positive, flexible, responsive, forward looking and performance and customer focussed.
- To develop and maintain effective communications where necessary, liaison and working relationships, both internally and externally, by directly employed staff and external resources, with elected members, client officers, community and business partners, relevant organisations and individuals, so as to ensure maximum effectiveness of the services delivered by the group.
- To carry out such other duties within the competence of the post holder as may be reasonably required from time to time.
- To ensure the implementation of both the Corporate and the Public Realm Health and Safety Policy, to exercise due care and ensure the safety of post holders and others during the course of all work.
- To be aware of relevant Health and Safety legislation and implement working practices to ensure compliance
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics or equivalent
- A good level of knowledge pertaining to a parking delivery environment to include parking permit delivery systems, road traffic legislation and regulations and the delivery of parking enforcement initiatives.
- A good level of experience of working in a customer service environment delivering the review & processing of complaints relating to parking in general and parking permit delivery systems
- A good level of experience in providing administrative and technical support to Parking systems
- Experience of handling and managing complaints within a parking delivery environment, or similar high profile front line service environment.
- Experience of providing systems administrative & technical support
- Experience of successful working within a culturally diverse community
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills and ability to communicate orally at all levels
- Demonstrable ability to adjudicate confidently on complex issues, where necessary drawing conclusions on the balance of evidence and probability.
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate and affect a consensus among differing opinions.
- Ability to understand, interpret and present information from a variety of sources.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Customer Liaison & System Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.