- Pay Rate:
£15.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Ealing, London,
Temporary Customer Accounts Arrears Officer/Admin
Reference no: Ealing 6375-1
Pay Rate: £15.60 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to assist, as part of a team, in the recovery of arrears for Non-Domestic Rates, Business Improvement District (BID) balances and Council Tax accounts.
- Use office computer systems to maintain accurate records of payments and arrangements (including those made at Liability Order and Committal court hearings).
- Pro-active contact with customers to recover arrears and deal with associated customer contacts in a professional and timely manner.
- Check and issue bills, recovery notices, enforcement documents and enquiry forms to ensure prompt collection and enforcement of Non-Domestic Rates, BIDs and Council Tax - including the referral of cases to enforcement agents (bailiffs) and other appropriate proceedings.
- Maintain the Council Tax records for the arrears team using office computer systems in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Ascertain and check all necessary information, using permitted sources and by liaison with other Local Taxation and council sections and outside organisations. To carry out further enquiries and investigations as necessary to verify particular circumstances.
- Contact those in arrears of Non-Domestic Rates, BIDs and the Council Tax, to deal promptly and efficiently with customers, their agents, and other persons and organisations with a legitimate interest, by telephone, in writing, by email and in person (whether at the reception or at the magistrates court). At all times having regard to the council's Equality & Diversity Policy, the provisions of the Data Protection legislation and adherence to the objective to deliver services to a high level of customer care. To properly record dealings with customers.
- Refer more complex and contentious matters to senior management.
- Requesting further information or inspections where necessary.
- Check and despatch system generated documentation (including rolling review forms, bills, reminders, summonses, Pre –enforcement letters, committal warnings and committal summonses).
- Maintain accurate payment and instalment details on customer accounts and in particular to promote direct debit as a preferred method of payment. Carry out credit and debit card transactions with customers, whether referring on by telephone, or through letters and/or emails.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Recent experience in a Council Tax or Business Rates environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret Non-Domestic Rates, BIDS and Council Tax charges and account amendments.
- Ability to use information from various sources to determine appropriate repayment terms, and to conduct negotiation discussions with customers.
- Ability to use a computerised accounts system to accurately maintain and update Council Tax records, to retrieve information and initiate the section’s recovery procedures.
- Ability to respond to customers enquiries: in writing, electronically, face to face and at Magistrates Court.
- Ability to manage own workload and reprioritise work according to changing work environment.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Customer Accounts Arrears Officer/ Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.