- Pay Rate:
£11.32 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08.00 – 16:00
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- Leicester, Leicestershire,
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
Full Job Title: Crime Quality Assurance Assessor/Admin - Admin
Reference no: Leicestershire BL TCL348003
Pay Rate: £11.32 per hour PAYE
Through flexible and committed team working provide a high-quality service to members of the community, the force, other forces/agencies and partners by ensuring crime and non-crime reports, subject to a DDM review, adhere to HOCR and NCRS.
To liaise with and provide a professional service to colleagues across the force, external agencies, other forces and members of the public.
To provide an appropriate level of guidance and advice in the effective application of the HOCR/NCRS.
To undertake assessment of records created by the HOCR/NCRS to check accuracy and quality.
To promote positive relationships and confidence with colleagues by delivering a professional service and by initiating the appropriate course of action.
Where issues in relation to crime recording/HOCR/NCRS are identified ensure these are referred to the Investigation Management Unit Manager.
To deal with defined DDM tasks in respect of crime recording, HOCR and NCRS.
To work as directed by the allocated department head and in conjunction with the Force Crime Registrar and DDM team.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- To be qualified to GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English Language or demonstrate experience requiring the use of English Language to that standard
- Experience of reviewing information and initiating appropriate action, adopting a proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience of situations where your decision making has been challenged and its resolution
- Experience in assisting in the production of accurate reports or documents with attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to provide a high level of service to both internal and external customer
- To be computer literate
- Knowledge of Home Office Counting Rules and National Crime Recording Standards for the recording of crime (desirable)
- Knowledge of the National Standards for Incident Recording (desirable)
- Experience of working within Law Enforcement or Investigations (desirable)
- An understanding of criminal law (desirable)
- Experience of working in a sensitive and confidential environment (desirable)
- Knowledge of Police IT systems, including Command and Control, and crime recording system, Genie, PNC (desirable)
- Knowledge of Management of Police Information (MOPI) (desirable)
- Knowledge of legislation relating to the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act (desirable
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Crime Quality Assurance Assessor/Admin - Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.