- Pay Rate:
£12.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, 08:30 -17:00
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Credit Controller x3 - Finance
Reference no: VLA 5240165
Pay Rate: £12.50 per hour PAYE
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
A Credit Controller is required to be responsible for the collection of overdue payments in line with Service Level Agreements via telephone and post within the target times set, taking into account Debtor Days, Aged Debt and Bad debts, ensuring all customer contact records are accurate and kept up to date
- Respond to customer queries which arise from a number of channels. Logging these queries and forwarding to the relevant business unit for investigation and resolution. Follow up on resolved queries ensuring payment is received for previously disputed items.
- Collection of overdue payments in line with Service Level Agreements via telephone and post within the target times set, taking into account Debtor Days, Aged Debt and Bad debts.
- Handle a wide range of communications with customers both internally and externally, maintaining good trading relationships.
- Notify customers of changes to their accounts such as changes in credit limit or account suspension.
- Be aware of credit risk on credit accounts and conduct credit limit reviews when applicable. At times it will be necessary to initiate legal processes when all other collection means have failed
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Previous experience of working within a busy Credit Control team with specific experience in Services and the collection of monies is essential.
- Experience within a large corporate environment or have come from a busy credit control team used to dealing with high volumes.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of customers which includes private sector corporations, 3rd party suppliers and public sector clients such as local authorities.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of Workday would be advantageous
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- A confident communicator and able to convey clear and concise messages across both written and verbal channels.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Credit Controller x3 - Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.