- Pay Rate:
£10.68 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Court Usher
Reference no: Bolton 0007 2D5C / 1
Pay rate £10.68 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
The Court Usher may on occasion be required to work beyond 5pm subject to Court need
CASUAL BASIS WORK ONLY
A usual Court Usher working day will be to arrive at 9am to set court up and then leave once court has finished for the day. Due to the nature of court hearings it is not possible to advise on the exact time that court will finish on any given day.
There are no set daily shifts and set working dates or hours. Any working days are usually provided to the Court Usher by the 10th of the month for the following months working dates. The Court Ushers are also aware that due to the nature of court hearings that they may not be required at short notice. The Court Ushers also need to be flexible as they may be asked to attend at short notice (although this is usually only due to sickness)
- Photocopying and reproduction of documents
- Maintenance of notice boards
- Handling and logging incoming correspondence
- Data input
- Receiving and responding to everyday enquiries from/to customers, escalating requests outside one’s knowledge base to the appropriate person/area
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Basic literacy and numeracy with potential for further study where appropriate
- Basic awareness of the activities of the work section
- Accuracy and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to exchange basic information verbally or in writing
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.