- Pay Rate:
Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Counter Fraud Team Member -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00064375
Pay Rate: Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: London or Birmingham – hybrid – in the office 2-3 times a week
This role would suit candidates who have a background in fraud and who have worked in other similar Government departments.
- The Counter Fraud team is looking for a counter fraud professional with the experience, skills and personal qualities for a Senior Executive Officer.
- The individuals will be part of the team managing the delivery of counter fraud activities across COVID19 schemes, Local Authority Grants Schemes, Arms Length Bodies and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- The individual will engage with a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside the Department to help the team and delivery partners identify and develop effective counter fraud policies and processes.
- You will form the key link between policy teams, delivery organisations and law enforcement, these roles will suit those who excel at team working and influencing to deliver through others.
- The role will be focused on supporting the Fraud Risk Assessment and Fraud Management Plan
- To lead on the collection of management information to help the team assess the performance of delivery partners and help the end-to-end management of fraud risks
- Leading on the work to report on a range of performance indicators relating to fraud management. Develop and implement policies and procedures for effective collation of management information relating to fraud, bribery and corruption across the team and Arms' Length Bodies.
- Prepare and maintain performance dashboards.
- To provide support to the G7 Senior managers and SEOs as required.
- Proactively raising the profile of counter-fraud work to support policy teams across the team and its arms-length bodies.
- To support the development and implementation of professional standards in counter fraud and grant administration in the team and its Arms Length Bodies.
- Providing secretariat support to various governance and the counter fraud network groups.
- To advise colleagues on the management of fraud and abuse of taxpayer support through well designed policies and lessons learnt.
- To develop cross cutting skills to support and influence colleagues to achieve Value For Money and compliance with managing public money.
- Prepare timely, accurate and well drafted contributions to high quality responses to briefings, Freedom of Information requests and senior level correspondence, liaising with stakeholders as appropriate to produce accurate and comprehensive responses.
- Contributing to requests for evidence from the Audit Office and Public Accounts Committee inquiries as appropriate.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with policy colleagues, analysts, other external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the delivery of a programme of counter-fraud awareness-raising and training events, guidance materials, use of internal/external communications and culture change activities.
- Ensure that the continuous improvement philosophy is embedded in the team by ensuring processes and procedures are regularly reviewed.
Skills and Experience
- This role would suit candidates who have a background in fraud and who have worked in other similar Government departments.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Counter Fraud Team Member
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.