- Pay Rate:
£13.14 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Corporate Property Programme Officer – Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Bolton 0006 7FB1 / 1
Pay Rate: £13.14 per hour PAYE
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
The post-holder will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the successful delivery of projects or other time specific work assignments to defined time, cost and quality.
- Provide administrative programme and project management support across a full range of capital project initiatives required to deliver the councils annually approved capital programme.
- Work closely with the client user group to understand their capital projects requirements to support service expansion or asset improvement.
- Monitor to ensure client expectations are met and delivered on time and within budget.
- Represent the client or council at regular design and project meetings that are either virtual or on site.
- Complete cost benefit analysis and post project reviews on completed
- Support the preparation of written briefings, reports and presentations for a range of internal and external audiences
- Support the compilation, management and monitoring of relevant capital program budgets, using information and communication technology to manage and produce financial information
- Audit the transfer process on new buildings, major refurbishment, demolition, to the facilities team ensuring all departments in the council, are setup with all the correct information
- Collate all new New Project Request’s and issue New Project Requests numbers
- Raise and manage Purchase Orders for the projects and ensure payments are made in line with project monitored budgets and in line with contract conditions.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Track record of supporting complex integrated projects which deliver tangible results for customers.
- Knowledge of the definition of the project scope, impacts, costs, deliverables, and schedule. Perform cost / benefit analysis to prioritise scope / phasing of deliverables.
- Understanding of project documentation, their maintenance, and their application to projects.
- Knowledge of PRINCE II methodology or other recognised project management methodologies.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent project support skills and experience of being an effective member of project teams.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, and ability to relate to and work at all levels of the organisation.
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate complex written and statistical information.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and judgement when solutions are not obvious
- Ability to develop new professional relationships
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capability
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Strong IT skills particularly in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software and the internet
- Flexible and adaptable
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Corporate Property Programme Officer – Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.