- Pay Rate:
£13.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Burton on Trent, Staffordshire,
Temporary Corporate Officer/Administrator - HR
Reference no: E Staffordshire 5224564
Pay Rate: £13.91 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
To identify organisational learning and development needs and recommend solutions to improve performance, quality, customer service and long term organisational progress.
To evaluate the effectiveness of training and keeping up to date with best training and development practice.
To lead on the development of policies and programmes of work, which address equality and discrimination.
To support workplace health and promote a wellbeing-focused culture.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
OD & Workforce Strategy:
- Identification of corporate training needs from the strategic plans, for Members and Officers. Identification of cross cutting learning and development needs from Workforce Planning Strategy, Service Plans and individual action plans
- Compilation and implementation of the Workforce Planning Strategy
- Monitoring the application of the Workforce Planning Strategy, associated policies and procedures for consistency and equality of opportunity
Learning & Development:
- Identification of development needs from appraisals, regular discussions and questionnaires of managers and employees
- Maintenance of model appraisal and development tools for use
- Assist with the implementation of competencies, including achievement of core competencies and core values
- Preparation, management and monitoring of the annual Corporate Learning and Development Plan
- Monitoring of the Corporate Learning and Development budget and training records
- Providing regular, agreed progress reports on Learning and Development Review, including cost benefit evaluation
- Advising upon and recommending solutions to identified training needs, including short courses and post-entry training; supporting arrangements for staff and teams as needed
- Facilitating and commissioning internal/external training providers to deliver against the Corporate Learning and Development Programme. Administering evaluation exercises following training activities to assess impact
- Internal marketing of learning and development courses.
- Organising facilities/equipment for delivery of in-house face-to-face and virtual training
- Support the management of the apprenticeship requirements; work with stakeholders to arrange apprenticeship training
- Keeping learning and development policies and procedures up to date and in line with best practice
- Maintain new starters’ induction process, including use and development of the E-Induction / Re-Induction software and associated documents, up to date and relevant. Assist with their application, monitor take up and completion of the induction programme and take action as necessary. Organise and monitor safeguarding training completion as applicable and required
- Maintaining close links and explore partner working with local, regional and national education and training organisations as appropriate
- Identify and organise staff engagement activities such as Staff Roadshows
- Organise and facilitate the quarterly or additional ad hoc Managers’ Forum
- To support the HR team and assist managers with employee welfare cases and Occupational Health referrals as well as some stages of other employee relations cases such as disciplinary investigations and grievance discussions
- To research, create and update HR policies and practices as identified. To prepare and present reports for Corporate Management Team and Joint Consultative Committee, and other meetings as necessary
- To facilitate the end of the employment cycle by maintaining the Council’s leavers’ questionnaire up to date and running smoothly.
- Workplace Health
- To lead on the implementation and review of the Workplace Health Strategy and the overall action plan alongside.
- To research and promote health awareness campaigns throughout the year as part of the annual action plans, utilising customised newsletters, public health posters and appropriate signposting information and resources
- To support the designated Head of Service and Leader/Deputy Leader in leading on the Equalities obligations
- To support the development of policy and procedure to ensure compliance with the statutory framework relating to equality, including carrying out and advising on Equality and Health Impact Assessments
- To proactively work with other agencies and organisations to jointly co-ordinate the delivery of joined-up services to promote equality where appropriate
- To proactively communicate, liaise internally and reach out externally, where appropriate, in order to promote the activities and its services
- To be responsible for the preparation of high quality formal reports (CMT/Cabinet etc.) for agreement with the Head of Service as appropriate and to present reports, if required, at Officer and Councillor meetings as necessary
- To be responsible for specific projects as necessary, making use of IT, project management and other systems (e.g. SNAP surveys) to ensure completion on time and within budget, to support consultation processes and decision making
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant degree
- CIPD part qualified (desirable)
- Other relevant post graduate qualifications (desirable)
- Experience of working in service organisation
- Experience of research to find solutions to problems
- Liaising with partners to provide outcomes based on needs
- Development of plans to provide solutions to problems (for example a training plan to improve performance)
- Presenting to managers and staff
- Local Authority experience (desirable)
- Learning and Development management (desirable)
- Project management experience
- Budget management experience (desirable)
- Be able to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point
- Customer Service
- Strong communications skills
- Strong administration skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good people / liaison skills
- Team worker
- Good organiser/planner
- Detail conscious
- Ability to challenge the status quo in order to improve organisational performance (desirable)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Corporate Officer/Administrator - HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.