- Pay Rate:
£11.95 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
- SOUTHWARK, LONDON,
Temporary Coroner Resource Officer
Reference no: Southwark 5228724
Pay rate £11.95 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
To deliver administrative support to the Inner South London Coroner’s Court in line with the Council’s overall vision, values and strategic aims, ensuring that a high quality coronial service and excellent customer service is delivered
- Assist and support the Support Manager - London Inner South Coroner’s Court Service, Clerk to HM Senior Coroner and HM Senior Coroner with administrative duties pertaining to the investigation of deaths referred to the Coronial Service within the Inner South London coronial area.
- Supporting Coroner’s Officers with specified administrative duties, as directed by the Admin Support Manager - London Inner South Coroner’s Court Service.
- Providing a front facing service to bereaved families and others coming to the court.
- Operation the Coroner Court enquiry telephone line, managing the enquiry mailbox, and dealing with general inquiries in an extremely busy and pressurised environment (this demands a good knowledge of what information can be given and to whom).
- Supporting the Coroner as court usher for the efficient day to day operation of the court room for remote, in person and hybrid inquests. Operating court recording AV equipment to ensure audio records of the court proceedings.
- Management of the jury during jury inquests as Jury Bailiff.
- Dealing with bereaved families, representatives and professionals on behalf of the Coroner and his Officers; including GP’s, hospital consultants, pathologists, police, foreign office, lawyers, insurance companies, other agencies and organisations ensuring that these are dealt with accurately and in a timely fashion within the legal framework.
- Responsibility for archiving of records including paper and IT records, and audio recordings of proceedings.
- Dealing with and assessment of post coming into the service. Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, email and face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distribution of information as necessary. Ensure outgoing mail are dealt within the required timescales.
- To monitor the use of Coroners Court case management system (Civica) and upload essential documents and reports to the system
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant GCSE and/or similar qualification, or relevant work experience at a similar level
- Knowledge and understanding of delivering Council services in a busy, public facing environment in a caring and empathetic manner.
- A good working understanding of administrative information and financial systems
- Proven and relevant experience gained in a similar role.
- Experience of using the full range of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and MS Teams.
- Experience of communicating effectively with vulnerable customers and at all levels of the organisation and in all formats.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability communicate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels in the authority and external organisations including Councillors, MP’s, Heads of Service, Chief Officers, HM Senior Coroner, Ministry of Justice and Solicitors.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Coroner Resource Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.