- Pay Rate:
£35.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9 months
- UXBRIDGE, Middlesex,
Interim Contracts Lawyer – Legal Services
Reference no: Hillingdon RQ714119
Pay rate: £35.00 per hour PAYE
A Contracts Lawyer, preferably with Local Government contract experience is required from January 2023. The successful candidate will be dealing with contracts from all departments across the Council. To be the client’s legal advisor on important contracts and commercial matters and to advise them or related companies as appropriate, and to advise on contracts and commercial arrangements, subsidy control, procurement procedures and documents.
- Tasks will include drafting, negotiating, approving and advising on contracts, terms of business and agreements arising from all the organisation’s functions and partnerships.
- Perform in an effective, timely, courteous, professional, and flexible manner the duties of a qualified lawyer.
- Provide efficient, effective, and pragmatic legal advice and assistance to the organisation and other clients.
- Personally represent the organisation and other clients before the courts, tribunals and public inquiries in matters as required.
- Work effectively with officers and members of the council and with other clients.
- Attend, provide legal advice and assistance to and prepare reports for officer and member meetings (including evening meetings) of the organisation and other clients.
- Draft and negotiate the full range of legal documents with minimum supervision.
- Effectively use the legal services case management system (including the full suite of modules), the time recording system, the deeds management system and other corporate and local systems and applications.
- Support, and generally develop legal colleagues in relevant legal work.
- Contribute to effective decision making and governance arrangements within the council and to be aware of/be familiar with the terms of the constitution.
- Support proactively continuous corporate and service improvement.
- Contribute to corporate and service projects as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister or Fellow - Chartered Legal Executive.
- Considerable post qualification experience and an up-to-date knowledge of the law and practice relating to contracts and commercial matters and other relevant legal work.
- Local Government contract experience preferred.
- Excellent track record of competently performing a broad range of contract and commercial and procurement work (including complex and high-profile matters) with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience of successfully negotiating and drafting the full range of relevant legal documents without supervision.
- Considerable experience of providing legal advice reports for and providing legal advice to local authority member and officer meetings or equivalent.
- Ability to work in partnership and as part of multi-disciplinary project teams with colleagues, external organisations, and councillors and to foster good working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver good quality work to tight deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to attend Committee meetings and other evening meetings (including outside the area).
- Willingness to contribute to new ways of working and initiatives.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Contracts Lawyer – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.