- Pay Rate:
£23.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Contracts & Finance Manager - Management
Reference no: Bournemouth 5223287
Pay rate £23.58 per hour PAYE
Hybrid working between home and the Civic centre
The post holder will on behalf of children services ensure the effective management of all aspects of contractual, procurement and financial arrangements for Children’s Services, this covers distinct areas of work
- To lead and manage the function of the Contracts and Finance Team for Children’s Services; management responsibility for the purchasing of all care provision in Children’s Services and joint purchased placements with Health and Education, including the maintenance of the current services and the development / implementation of future services.
- To lead and manage the development, produce contracts and service specifications for all care and education services purchased and the tendering for these services. This includes the entire Children’s Services Business Units. i.e. Looked after children, children in need or on a child protection plan, children with SEN statements or Education Health and Care Plans, Direct Payments, Early Help support services.
- To lead and manage the monitoring and reviewing arrangements for all services purchased in relation to outcomes and value for money ensuring quality standards are met, producing management reports for senior managers from this information to influence and improve strategies and purchasing patterns for the future.
- To lead and manage on whole service reviews. The post holder is required to work with existing teams to examine and scrutinise their working practices and make recommendations for service re design or outsourcing opportunities.
- To lead and manage the ART finance function which includes the responsibility for the management of all costs associated with the purchase of services, negotiating fee increase requests, the payment of all providers and the production of financial management reporting for all spend.
- Develop the Contracts role in relation to the commissioning strategy ensuring liaison with all key stakeholders, Local Authority colleagues, CCG, Health Authority voluntary sector agencies, private providers. These meetings are all with senior managers or Directors.
- To develop, implement and produce strategies, financial and contracting policies and procedural guidelines in relation to contracting for Children’s Services. Ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- To lead and manage projects in relation to Children’s Services
- To ensure all contractual arrangements comply with government and legislative requirements, local authority procedures, the Boroughs Constitution, financial regulations where work is undertaken with neighbouring authorities to ensure compliance with their Council obligations too
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Contracts & Finance Manager - Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.