- Pay Rate:
Up to £16.94 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- COALVILLE, Leicestershire,
Temporary Contract Supervisor - Planned Investment x2
Reference no: NW Leicestershire 5233273
Pay rate: Up to £16.94 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: COALVILLE, Leicestershire
Full UK Driving Licence
A Contract Supervisor - Planned Investment is required to assist the Asset Management Team in all aspects of delivery of the Council’s planned investment and capital programmes.
- Ensure compliance with building industry regulations with regard to improving and refurbishing the Council’s housing stock.
- Ensure the building and maintaining of effective relationships between the team, contractors, customers and stakeholders to ensure the efficient delivery of planned, improvement projects.
- Designing and managing projects effectively including monitoring progress and controlling expenditure within budget.
- Ensure standards and quality of work meet contractual performance requirements.
- Responsible for making contact with residents where works are to be carried out and ensuring any special needs are identified and as far as possible catered for.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Significant experience in the successful delivery of high quality planned and investment services.
- Experience of the management of social housing decent homes or property improvement type contracts on site and of carrying out post inspection of works and signing off works prior to contractor applications/invoices.
- Experience of preparing works schedules and project plans for programmes.
- Experience of working in social housing or local authority asset management environment or for a contractor who works in these environments for a registered provider.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Able to manage projects effectively including monitoring progress, quality of work and controlling expenditure within budget and manage contractors including chairing contract and site meetings.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the impacts of the current regulatory framework and government policy on asset management programmes.
- Understanding of H&S and CDM regulations in a construction related environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on own initiative and part of a team.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Exceptional people and communication skills.
- Exceptional networking skills.
- Ability to inspire, enthuse and encourage others.
- Ability to lead by example to embrace change.
- Demonstrate a confidence and resilience to deal with changing demands.
- Ability to resolve difficult and complex situations, professionally, tactfully and diplomatically.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Contract Supervisor - Planned Investment x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.