- Pay Rate:
£30.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- REIGATE, Surrey
Interim Construction Solicitor – Legal & Democratic Services
Reference no: Surrey TCL 89018
Pay rate: £30.91 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
City: REIGATE, Surrey
A Construction Solicitor is required to assist in the management of a group of lawyers in identified work areas according to business need, providing leadership, supervision, direction and expert legal advice to the County Council, its members, officers and committees. The role will contribute to the wider management of Legal Services and lead by example in modelling and embedding the council’s values and behaviours across the service. To manage a full, varied and demanding caseload and deliver innovative solutions with minimal supervision. Within the team the role holder will support and deliver both personally and through assisting in the management of the team and its resources, the council’s ambition to reduce reliance on external legal support. As part of the role, you will be required to undertake and/or manage advocacy where required.
- Identify issues, trends and opportunities that may have an impact in their area of responsibility to enable appropriate action to be taken.
- Lead the development of policy in the own area of specialism, contributing to the delivery of organisational objectives.
- Evaluate existing service provision taking account of feedback and broader external developments, to ensure innovative solutions are proposed to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
- Apply specialist expertise and use judgement to make decisions where solutions are not obvious, to deliver services that meet customer requirements and service standards.
- Drive change and embed new ways of working to ensure high quality service delivery and value for money.
- Develop and ensure implementation of operational plans and play a key role in the formulation of strategic longer term plans for the area to fit broader functional and council strategy.
- Lead major projects and reviews and represent the business area in internal and/or external initiatives to enhance reputation and service delivery.
- Manage allocated budget/resources/funding effectively and flexibly and control all related expenditure to ensure delivery of targets/objectives within budget.
- Contribute to resource and budget planning within own area.
- Liaise internally and externally at senior levels to establish service requirements and priorities and ensure the department/service issues are appropriately represented and acted upon.
- Work with managers, service representatives and partners to identify and apply cost effective means of delivering improvements to business processes and strategies.
- Manage a group of staff across a function/service, or as a significant part of a wide function to ensure all relevant annual targets and goals are delivered within budgetary/resource constraints
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification plus substantial experience at a senior management level in a specialist area.
- Wide experience in successful leading, coaching, mentoring and developing of staff.
- Experience of or an aptitude for advocacy.
- Knowledge of the principles of change management, project management and continuous improvement, and their practical application.
- Authoritative knowledge of the work practices, process and procedures relevant to the role including broader sector/commercial awareness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computerised business systems.
- Understanding of how to inspire and motivate others.
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with the capacity to devise and implement innovative solutions for strategic change
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with high level negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners/professionals.
- Ability to manage budgets and resources to deliver effective support to their area of responsibility.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Construction Solicitor – Legal & Democratic Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.