- Pay Rate:
£18.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- Newham, London,
Temporary Conceptional Designer – Marketing & Communications
Reference no: GLA 0007 1F3D / 1
Pay Rate: £18.58 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Hybrid working - 3 or 4 times a month in the office
The purpose of the role is to promote the work of the Mayor of London and London Assembly brands by creating original, high quality, creative concepts in response to briefs, that conform to the Mayor of London brand guidelines.
The successful candidate will generate high quality concepts for targeted campaigns that work across social media only as well as digital and print, that focus on specific messages and are advertised London wide. Improve the design of digital services in order to better engage users and promote a deeper understanding of the roles of the Mayor and Assembly.
- Work with the marketing team to produce creative concepts and high quality finished artwork for integrated campaigns that work across a mix of channels – including multiple social media platforms, as well as other digital and print media.
- Manage entire production process, from specification to delivery, with full commitment to, and completion of, the organisation’s procedures. Working with suppliers including agencies, developers, printers, freelancers etc where necessary, also where appropriate providing print specifications. Ensuring deadlines are met and jobs are within budget.
- Work with the digital team to develop and create wireframes and designs for new content, using user-centred design principles that are accessible and work across a responsive site, ensuring visual integrity is maintained.
- Monitor use of the Mayor of London logo and enforcement of our brand guidelines. Where appropriate proof check.
- Offer advice and guidance to other teams when working with external agencies and internal stakeholders on cost-effective digital and print production solutions.
- Support development of our in-house image library so that the wider organisation can access high-quality imagery for use across digital /social media channels and publications. Ensure compliance with all applicable licensing and copyright agreements.
- Contribute to the development of the Creative Services team programme and the work of the Marketing team.
- Provide administrative support so that there are clear audit trails and quality assurance for all jobs.
- Manage resources allocated to the job in accordance with the Authority’s policies and Code of Ethic and Standards.
- Realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities, and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Substantial experience in generating ideas that communicates different messages visually.
- Substantial experience of developing and delivering assets across a range of media including digital and print.
- Experience and understanding of designing for social media platforms, and various audiences.
- Fluency in Adobe CC Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- 5Experience of Adobe After Effects.
- At least 5 years’ recent experience as a creative designer working in a studio, agency or in-house.
- Experience and understanding of different media requirements – e.g. social media, online adverts, video, animation, web accessibility.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Conceptional Designer – Marketing & Communications
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.