- Pay Rate:
£19.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Newark, Nottinghamshire,
Temporary Compliance Surveyor – Property Services
Job Ref: Newark & Sherwood TCL 5244951
Pay Rate: £19.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Newark, Nottinghamshire
The main purpose of this role is to provide specialist knowledge to ensure the statutory and regulatory compliance of the Councils domestic assets within the Housing, Health & Wellbeing Directorate, ensuring that the Council consistently fulfils its duty of care towards its tenants and other customers.
The role will have responsibility for the appointment and direct management of a number of specialist contractors and at times our own in-house technicians, ensuring that all of the Councils legislative and regulatory requirements are continually met
- Closely manage a range of specialist contractors and as required directly employed technicians, to ensure that all the Councils statutory and regulatory compliance requirements are achieved.
- To act as or support the Building Safety Manager for any High-Risk Residential Buildings (HRRB) in the fire safety regime.
- Responsible for ensuring that existing and new contracts relating to the service area are procured and managed in accordance with the Councils Contract Procedures.
- To effectively liaise with partnering contractors, specialist subcontractors and represent the organisation at meetings.
- Monitor and manage budgets relating to the delivery of the compliance functions for the post holder’s area of responsibility.
- Provide innovation in developing procedures and operational plans to ensure that the Council remains flexible and agile enough to meet tenants and other customer needs and expectations whilst ensuring legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
- Contribute towards the implementation and ongoing delivery of a comprehensive governance and performance monitoring framework for compliance safety.
- Ensure effective consultation with tenants about choice of works and fittings as part of the delivery of the service and to investigate all complaints arising from the delivery of the service and make or recommend appropriate actions to correct failings and shortcomings in performance.
- Ensure that all necessary compliance information and databases are routinely updated and all information held is accurate and readily available.
- Provide accurate and timely information and reports as required by the service.
- Provide technical support and advice in relation to regulatory requirements to a range of audiences, particularly with regard to your assigned specialist area.
- Ensure operational targets and objectives are achieved and regularly review individual contractor performance in terms of statutory & regulatory compliance, customer service, health and safety, quality, productivity and VfM.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- HNC in a Property or Construction related field.
- P405 Asbestos Management
- P402 Asbestos Sampling / Surveying
- P407 Managing Asbestos in Premises
- W504 Assessment & Control of Asbestos
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of delivering compliance safety, in particular fire safety and asbestos management, within a social housing environment, at scale and which consistently meets targets.
- Proven experience of effective procurement and contract management and successful delivery of a diverse range of property related contracts.
- Good budget management and budgetary control experience
- Proven experience of contributing towards the provision of outstanding customer focussed services and sharing insights with other service areas.
- Previous experience of developing and working with a range of IT software systems including Microsoft Office and bespoke database and compliance management systems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Contract management skills.
- Able to attend some evening meetings, outside normal working hours.
- Ability to practically interpret and apply compliance legislation.
- Ability to contribute towards procedural documents for the Council in relation to specialist areas.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and competing priorities.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Compliance Surveyor – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.