- Pay Rate:
£289.16 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Honiton, Devon,
Interim Compliance & Planned Works Service Manager – Housing
Job Ref: E Devon 5244195
Pay Rate: £289.16 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Honiton, Devon
Hybrid working available
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership and guidance to the Compliance and Planned Works teams, effectively managing performance to drive high standards of service and meet our obligations as a social landlord in line with agreed internal and external key performance indicators. Using a project management approach, effectively manage and deliver the numerous projects across the Compliance and Planned Works teams.
- Provide effective leadership and strong performance management of the Compliance and Planned Works teams.
- Be accountable for staff related matters within the team by ensuring that Human Resource policies are implemented appropriately including performance management, learning and development, absence, discipline and grievance issues.
- Manage the core compliance service across the Housing portfolio, monitoring KPI’s and escalating performance issues. Ensure we are leading good practice in relation to our approach to asbestos, gas safety, fire risks and all other areas of compliance and safety across our stock.
- Develop, implement, manage and maintain an effective compliance management model together with a suite of policies, procedures and guidance.
- Ensure we are compliant with all building safety legislation and all regulations, including the Social Housing (Regulation) Act 2023.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Housing Strategy, Housing Revenue Account Business Plan, and Service Plan.
- Provide and maintain systems to ensure that Council homes are maintained at or above the Decent Homes Standard.
- Maintain a database and accurate records on the condition of the Council’s housing stock and ensure that periodic stock condition surveys are performed.
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place with contractors, including partnering schemes, appointments, reporting repairs etc.
- Assist in advancing tenant participation and involvement to ensure that tenants and leaseholders influence the management and maintenance of their homes.
- Provide a system of Tenant Choice, where appropriate.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full driving license and use of own car.
- A relevant professional or management qualification with membership of relevant professional body.
- Formal qualification in a building related subject so that able to demonstrate technical skills and knowledge necessary to deliver a quality, compliant service in line with industry standards and regulations.
- Formal qualification in compliance related subject, so that able to demonstrate technical skills and knowledge necessary to deliver a quality, compliant service in line with industry standards and regulations.
- Project Management qualification and experience – similar to PRINCE2 or Agile.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Previous senior management experience (preferably within a Housing service).
- Evidence of practical experience in managing service delivery.
- Evidence of management of staff.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Knowledge of general management of a social housing service.
- Knowledge of the strategic housing role.
- Knowledge of how to achieve good outcomes in a large and complex organisation.
- A good understanding and knowledge of a wide range of housing policy and legislation.
- An understanding of good public relations and customer care.
Skills & Abilities:
- An effective decision maker.
- Able to successfully deliver programmes of work on time and within budget, using a project management approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Successfully able to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, presentational and listening.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Compliance & Planned Works Service Manager – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.