- Pay Rate:
£20.88 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Coalvlle, Leicestershire,
Interim Compliance Contract Supervisor – Housing Repairs
Reference no: NW Leicestershire 5225118
Pay Rate: £20.88 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to assist the Planned Investment Manager in managing the delivery of the improvement and planned maintenance of the Council’s housing stock.
- Recording survey findings will be by hard copy forms or through use of mobile working technology, as directed.
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the planned/cyclical maintenance and improvements programmes of works, including site surveys, drawings, specifications, and contract documentation, as required by the Planned Investment Manager.
- Provide technical advice to the Planned Investment Manager, prepare reports and attend meetings (including occasional evenings) as required.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in accordance with Building regulations and the HASAWA.
- Be responsible for the management, monitoring and delivery of planned improvement works programmes, as designated by the Planned Investment Manager.
- To submit written reports and supporting evidence on progress of contracts (on time, to budget, to specification and to customers’ satisfaction)
- Prepare and submit applications for Building Control and Planning approvals.
- Reply to enquiries from MPs, Councillors and members of the public courteously and in a helpful manner.
- Liaise closely with, and cover and support other members of the Housing Maintenance Section as directed by the Planned Investment Manager.
- Carry out any other duties as management may from time to time reasonably require, according to the nature and level of the post.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ONC BUILDING STUDIES or CIH/CIB Level 4 Certificate in Housing Maintenance, or recognised industry equivalent.
- NEBOSH/IOSH certificate in Managing safety, or recognised industry equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of property inspection, and reporting, in property maintenance or construction sectors.
- Experience of property inspection, and reporting, in social housing improvements, planned and cyclical maintenance.
- Experience in a supervisory position.
- Experience of understanding specifications and contracts
- Detailed knowledge of CDM regulations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Budgetary monitoring and control.
- Chairing, facilitating and taking minutes for contract and site meetings.
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Able to interpret working drawings, specifications and test data.
- Able to calculate quantities of materials for tasks.
- Able to deal effectively with difficult tenants and / or members of the public.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Compliance Contract Supervisor – Housing Repairs
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.