- Pay Rate:
£38.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Newbury, Berkshire,
Interim Complaints Manager – Children & Family Services
Reference no: W Berkshire 5228486
Pay Rate: £38.00 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to act as first point of contact for customers enquiring about complaints, and to receive complaints which are presented via the Children and Family Services Social Work Teams.
- Oversee the complaints records (both manual & computerised)
- Keep customers informed about the progress of their complaint/enquiry or request
- Circulate complaints to the appropriate Social work team, set timescales and track progress.
- Review all draft complaints responses before these are sent out from the Teams.
- Draw up a Statement of Complaint/Complaints Matrix for complex complaints and circulate these to the appropriate team/teams.
- Collate, coordinate, and review the information provided by the teams for complex complaints.
- Convene and chair restorative and/or complaints meetings with complainants where appropriate.
- Send out completed responses to complex complaints.
- Work with the Corporate Legal team and Communications Team where necessary.
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level.
- GCSE grade C in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience of working within Children’s Services or similar environment.
- Experience of working in complaints.
- Understanding of the local government environment.
- Understanding of Children’s Statutory Complaints process and Corporate Complaints processes.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing.
- High standard of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Understand the rules of strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work to a pre-determined deadline.
- To be flexible and adaptable to the wide range of duties undertaken.
- Able to produce accurate and well-presented work.
- Willingness to deal appropriately with potentially distressed and/or aggressive service users over the telephone.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Complaints Manager – Children & Family Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.