- Pay Rate:
£15.26 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Complaints & Enquiries Admin Officer – Transportation Team
Job Reference: Greenwich RQ730923
Pay Rate: £15.26 per hour PAYE
A Complaints and Enquiries officer us required to be responsible for administering all member enquiries, complaints and FOIs that are received by the Transportation Team.
The role will require that you liaise with Members, senior managers and Corporate Members Support to ensure that all enquiries and complaints are dealt with appropriately and within the required timescales.
The ability to communicate effectively with Members, senior staff and the public is essential, as is the ability to draft and collate responses from a number of services areas.
- Responsible for the effective day to day delivery, review and monitoring of the Directorate’s complaints process. Developing and improving the processes where appropriate and delivering regular training to Senior Managers.
- Prepare and present reports regularly to the Directorate’s Senior Management Team and other senior managers to assist in the evaluation of complaints to improve and manage service delivery across the Directorate, proposing improvements and solutions as appropriate.
- Responsible for liaising with Members , senior managers and Corporate Members Support staff in administering and responding to all Member / MP/ Ombudsman correspondence and enquiries received by Transportation, ensuring that correspondence is dealt with by deadlines. Drafting responses on behalf of the Director and Assistant Directors, drafting and collating responses from a number of other Directors where necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring whether response to complaints and enquiries are provided in accordance with the agreed timescales, proposing solutions, improvements to procedures and taking appropriate action where timescales are not complied with.
- Act as responsible officer in Transportation for Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests. Logging and processing requests in accordance with the agreed procedure. Providing advice on the legislation and guidelines, drafting responses, chasing responses where necessary and monitoring response times. Identifying exemptions, liaising with senior managers in Legal Services and other departments and drafting responses on behalf of the Director and senior management.
- Responsible for ensuring that enquiries and complaints from members of the public referring to service delivery are dealt with appropriately either verbally or in writing, drafting and collating responses from a number of departments where necessary.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent complaints administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Knowledge and experience of delivering excellent customer service and customer care.
- Experience of communicating clearly and empathetically in writing as well as verbally.
- ICT Skills: IT literate and proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft Office software.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Complaints & Enquiries Admin Officer – Transportation Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.