- Pay Rate:
£11.97 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
- Saint Asaph, N Wales,
Temporary Communications Operator - 999 Control Room
Reference no: N Wales BL TCL345035
Pay Rate: £11.97 per hour PAYE
Candidates must be able to start in April 2023
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
The purpose of the role is to provide a professional, effective and efficient customer service within the police with the aim of ‘getting it right first time’. Resolve issues raised by members of the public with an emphasis on first contact resolution wherever possible.
- Receive and resolve public enquiries in accordance with force policy.
- Give advice and take appropriate action, being accountable for getting it right first time and managing callers expectations regarding the service that can be provided.
- Interrogate and analyse a broad range of information systems in order to assess risk and gather relevant supporting data to provide the best and safest resolution to the callers enquiry/request.
- Clearly and accurately record relevant information into an extensive range of computer systems for a variety of intended audiences including other police departments and external agencies.
- Liaise with external agencies as appropriate.
- Responsible when appropriate for the closure of incidents.
- Distribute messages as appropriate via the force system such as e-mail, telephone fax and intranet.
- Direct the nearest "police unit" to an incident/emergency once the location has been identified, by way of ‘intelligent deployment’ by considering and deciding upon the most appropriate resources to commit to it, based on their role, skills and equipment.
- Be fully accountable for all deployment decisions, which will include the forward planning and management of resource options, thereby maximising the most efficient use of available resources to respond to Priority 0 and Priority 1 events.
- Inform and direct other relevant emergency services to incidents e.g. fire, ambulance, RAF Mountain Rescue etc.
- Act as co-ordinator between agencies, and to contact outside agencies as required for incidents i.e. garage recovery, councils-highways department, water/electricity boards, British Telecom, traffic light contractors, etc.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification, in Communication/Business/Customer related field, or an equivalent amount of proven relevant experience.
- A minimum level 2 in Welsh is required for this role. Level 4/5 would be ideal.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to type/word process 25 - 30wpm.
- Good communication skills together with the ability to work well in a team environment or on their own initiative.
- The use of information technology to an intermediate level together with windows systems and/or relevant experience.
- Ability to evidence problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Good geographical knowledge of North Wales.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Communications Operator - 999 Control Room
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.