- Pay Rate:
up to £471.14 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WESTMINSTER, LONDON,
Interim Communications Manager - Band C Zone 1
Reference no: MPX TCL 0007 99AE / 1
Pay rate up to £471.14 per day PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Only candidates with current security clearance will be considered for this role
This role require SC/STRAP clearance this must be already held and active – we are unable to consider any candidates who do not hold this level of vetting currently – please do not apply if you do not have this clearance
Hybrid working 1-2 days in office
The job holder will be responsible for defining and implementing communications strategies for priority programmes and projects that contribute directly to CTP’s mission to protect the public from terrorism. You will work closely with colleagues across the national Counter Terrorism Policing network, as well as with senior police officers and police staff. You’ll be part of a highly motivated communications team, with the chance to learn from senior officers and police staff and work on one of the most important issues to the public. But you’ll also have the opportunity to draw on your own experience and initiative to plan and deliver communications that support wider organisational and operational objectives. Whether your focus is internal or external, your primary goal will be to ensure that key audiences have the information they need, when they need it. You’ll be a positive advocate for communications as a profession, able to explain how it contributes to CTP’s overall mission. You’ll provide your expertise and support to senior officers and police staff across national network, and play an active role in building the communications profession within CTP
A career in Counter Terrorism Policing (CT Policing) is like no other. Every day offers a variety of exciting challenges and exceptional opportunities played out on a regional, national and international stage. Your skills could help protect the UK. With the ongoing terrorist threat, there has never been a more important time to be working alongside some of the best and brightest to help keep people safe. Counter Terrorism Policing is a collaboration of UK police forces working with the UK intelligence community to help protect the public and our national security by preventing, deterring and investigating terrorist activity. We do this by working in local to global partnerships, from policing teams on the beat and on the streets; supported by a national network of specialist officers and staff across the UK, to our investigators and expert advisors in every corner of the world.
Uniquely the police service, and specifically the Counter Terrorism network contributes to all four Pillars of the governments National Counter Terrorism (CONTEST) strategy. The Counter Terrorism Policing headquarters, on behalf of government and the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC), ensures that the CT network has the funding, capabilities and resources it needs to deliver CONTEST effectively and to keep people safe from terrorism. It does this through the provision of corporate services, as well as national operational tasking and coordination. It houses a number of unique national CT capabilities that support the entire network, as well as overseeing delivery of CT policing across the regions to ensure that it operates in a way that is both effective and efficient. Crucially CTPHQ represents CT policing’s interest within government and with wider stakeholders, ensuring that the policing contribution to CONTEST is both understood and appreciated. Hosted by the Metropolitan Police, Counter Terrorism Policing oversees the UK’s National Counter Terrorism Policing Network.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Strong understanding of a range of communications disciplines and channels, using knowledge to plan and adapt chosen approach
- Proven experience (4+ years) leading large scale communications projects, with track record of translating business challenges into successful communication strategies, plans and campaigns
- Experience of forward planning and managing day-to-day communications and engagement activity, coordinated as part of wider organisational activity
- Experience and/or interest in crisis communications skills with the capacity to contribute to under pressure
- Strong track record of delivery, including taking responsibility for commissioning and producing high quality content and other deliverables
- Innovative and creative mind-set, bringing new ideas to solve tough challenges
- Evidence of best practice in tracking and measuring the impact of communications and its contribution to wider organisational objectives
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and deliver on competing demands
- Ability to work flexibly in managing a range of activities and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work with external suppliers and manage budgets, timelines and high quality delivery
- Ability to form effective working relationships across a full range of internal and external stakeholders, including with seniors
- Ability to use insight and research to plan and refine communications activity to reach and engage target audiences
- Confidence and credibility in a range of scenarios, including delivering impactful and engaging presentations and communications advice on your projects
- Actively seek out best practice and new ideas, collecting and sharing insights about what performs best to help shape the future agenda for CTP communications
- Motivation to contribute to key thematic areas within the national communications network, for example Learning & Development, and Inclusion, Diversity & Equality
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- SC / STRAP Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Communications Manager - Band C Zone 1
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.