- Pay Rate:
Up to £361.45 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- Southwark, London,
Interim Communications & Engagement Officer – Marketing
Reference no: Southwark 5228851
Pay Rate: Up to £361.45 per day PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 7 months
Pay rate negotiable for the right candidate
The purpose of the role is to deliver the actions set out in the council’s Streets for People communications and engagement plan and support communications for local highways schemes and air quality projects.
- Promote the council’s Streets for People programme and Air Quality work both externally to residents and other local stakeholders and internally to staff.
- Work seamlessly between the External Affairs, Highways and Air Quality teams to ensure consistent messaging, branding and a joined-up approach across these complex and interlinking projects.
- Deliver an outward facing engagement programme to ensure that local people and other key stakeholders are informed, listened to and involved in the project.
- Ensure consistency of communication messages to all audiences, and work with colleagues in the communications team to communicate those messages using appropriate channels.
- Organise and oversee engagement events with key stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Appropriately manage any resources communication and engagement for this project.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant degree, professional qualification or relevant experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must be experienced in writing a range of communication tools including press releases, newsletters, leaflets and letters.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently to source potential news stories and promotion opportunities with the teams.
- Must have experience working with different community groups and engaging people, especially in hard-to-reach communities.
- Must be politically aware and have an understanding of the wider challenges around the topics.
- Experience writing newsletters and presentations
- Experience in marketing including writing copy and design briefs.
- Media relations experience including writing for the press, pitching stories and handling negative press stories.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Communications & Engagement Officer – Marketing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.