- Pay Rate:
Up to £24.30 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Swinton, Manchester,
Interim Commissioning Manager x 2 – Foster Care
Reference no: Salford 0007 724D / 1
Pay rate: Up to £24.30 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
We need a full time 36-hour post plus a part time 18-hour post (or we could split the hours between the two candidates).
Please state expected pay rate on your CV.
The focus for this role will be on sourcing, commissioning and quality assuring foster care; residential care and/ or semi-independent placements for looked after children & young people from the independent sector.
Manage the commissioning of a range of services to support the delivery of the Commissioning Priorities for Children’s Service and related outcomes through effective leadership and partnership working.
- Develop and maintain provider relationships to evolve the market, maintain existing placements and meet sufficiency.
- Ensure referrals are asset based, accurate and informed to ensure Salford children and young people have the best chance of the right placement first time around.
- Contract manage commissioned provision to ensure compliance to specification and ensure services continue to meet need.
- Be informed of, and advise Leadership of, current developments and policy changes related to social care placements for children and young people.
- Practice high standard and expectations of quality with providers. You will be proactive in addressing poor practice and address this collaboratively with regional colleagues to ensure maximum impact.
- Contribute to commissioning strategies which inform internal and external service developments and improvements.
- Negotiate and influence providers to ensure Salford children and young people live in high quality and safe placements.
- Ensure resources are well deployed and placements are secured at the best price.
- The post holder will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to implement commissioning strategies which deliver the required services, improvements, quality and efficiencies.
- Support key areas of Strategy Development to shape and influence future delivery of both in-house and external services.
- The post holder will performance manage commissioned activity ensuring delivery of outcomes and to provide assurance to stakeholders on the achievement of organisational goals and commitments.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must have experience in at least one of these areas: placement finding for looked after children/ domestic abuse / short break care / allied health professional contracts.
- Must be able to demonstrate that you are passionate and knowledgeable about the requirements of children and young people with complex and additional needs and know how to capture the voice of children and young people with both physical and neuro-developmental disabilities.
- Able to manage competing demands and to prioritise where necessary to ensure projects timescales are met.
- Able to demonstrate how you can interpret and co-ordinate complex information from a range of sources to understand issues in relation to complex and additional needs and to inform commissioning plans.
- Understand what good quality provision for children and young people is and how this can be delivered.
- Able to problem solve on your own but not afraid to seek out support from your team.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Commissioning Manager x 2 – Foster Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.