- Pay Rate:
Up to £40.16 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, 09:00-18:00
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
- MORDEN, London,
Interim Commercial Property Lawyer
Reference no: Merton 5243166
Pay rate: Up to £40.16 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 35 Monday – Friday, 09:00-18:00
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
City: MORDEN, London
A Commercial Property Lawyer, with experience of Commercial & Residential Property Law including Local Authority, is required to deal with the whole range of local authority property work across 5 boroughs with the exception of routine residential matters (not right to buy, lease extensions, residential management).
- Provide timely and effective specialist legal advice to elected members, including committees and to Directors senior managers and officers across both authorities as part of a team of lawyers, and to any other clients of the Shared Legal Service.
- Be responsible for providing innovative solutions to deal with complex issues arising in connection with the work within the team and the legal issues presented by clients.
- Deal with the whole range of local authority property work across 5 boroughs with the exception of routine residential matters (not right to buy, lease extensions, residential management).
- Where relevant, to prepare and process all matters relevant to any proceedings before a court, arbitration, mediation or public inquiry and to attend such as the client’s advocate or, if appropriate, select and instruct appropriate external legal representation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A Solicitor, either a current practising certificate or eligible to apply for a practising certificate, or a qualified Barrister or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives, or possess an equivalent qualification gained in another jurisdiction.
- Experience of Commercial & Residential Property Law including Local Authority experience.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation to the service area and the decision-making processes and procedures.
- Good understanding of current issues and best practice on service delivery relevant to the service areas.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure and respond efficiently to the changing needs of the clients.
- Ability to be able to travel to attend client officers or courts wherever the client’s case is being considered.
- Ability to contribute to the ongoing development of the Shared Legal Service.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing and good numeracy and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide visible support and leadership which empowers, enables and develops staff to achieve results.
- Ability to be available to attend premises out of hours, to attend evening meetings and in the event of emergencies or urgent management issues in relation to all 5 authorities.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Commercial Property Lawyer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.