- Pay Rate:
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month (tbc)
Commercial Building Surveyor x2
Reference no: Gateshead TCL100123.1
Pay rate TBC
Candidates should state their salary expectations on their CVs/application.
To provide Building Surveying services to Clients, budget holders, in-house Operational teams, and other Service representatives, in preparation of feasibilities, schemes, estimates, programmes, asset condition surveys, and contract administration duties
- To implement the standards and the policies of the Service across the council portfolio of buildings to ensure safe and secure property assets.
- To carry out specialist projects within expenditure and time constraints with full end to end consistency.
- To work with other Officers, Services, Agencies, and the public over multiple different facets of the council.
- To undertake research and development of maintenance solutions and the promotion of maintenance technology. To procure and manage service agreements and building maintenance schemes
- Undertake condition surveys and reports across Council assets to support the asset management strategy and the ongoing capital plan.
- Undertake condition surveys and prepare reports for repairs and maintenance work across the Council’s housing stock.
- To undertake pre-construction, Principal Designer and Contract Administration activities across projects, aligning to the RIBA Plan of Work 2020 and the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Manage strategic maintenance and health and safety projects including full budget reporting and management.
- Work within all Gateshead council portfolio to deliver services required within construction.
- To be pro-active in all aspects of safety management and to comply with current legislation
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum HNC standard in an appropriate field
- Knowledge: The Pre-Construction process, Contract Administration, Construction methods, and site practices. Codes of Practice, Statutory Regulations, and relevant legislation
- Project works experience
- Experience: Preparing comprehensive works packages for schemes. Condition surveys, reporting, and preparing estimates. Identify building defects and specify remedies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Commercial Building Surveyor x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.