- Pay Rate:
Up to £36,173.00 per annum depending one experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Kilburn, London,
Commercial Analyst – Property Services
Reference no: MPX TCLX 0007 C250 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £36,173.00 per annum depending one experience
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
City: Kilburn, London
CTC vetting required for this role
Candidates with current CTC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
The Commercial Property Pillar (annual spend of circa £320m) works closely with its main stakeholder Property Services Department (PSD) and is responsible for running procurements, contract management and category strategies ensuring we commercially manage the best outcomes for PSD and within the Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime's estate, supporting the operations of officers and staff across the Met.
Primarily, your activity and support will be to sourcing, procurement and contract management teams and staff, working across the life cycle to give strategic advice on major programmes and helping to define the 'needs' on BAU requirements, through the contracting process and onto commercial contract management.
- Providing administrative support to commercial colleagues on ad-hoc basis as part of the team supporting business as usual and project activities.
- Provide support to PSD’s Real Estate Management (REM) function which encompasses soft and hard facilities management, catering and operational support.
- Provide the commercial support to PSD’s Real Estate Development (RED) function which is the construction and refurbishment side delivering the Met’s estate strategy and involving numerous capital programmes of work to deliver a more efficient and fit for purpose estate that meets the operational needs of policing.
- There is one role available and you will be expected to support requirements across both the sub pillars listed above.
- Assisting with development of category strategies for all relevant expenditure.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant contracts.
- Supporting the Sourcing process for a wide range of procurements, such as market engagement, supporting negotiations and assessing procurement routes.
- Maintaining routine catalogues within commercial systems to ensure they are up to date, liaising with colleagues as necessary.
- Undertaking contract management actions such as contract administration, monitoring supplier performance and managing supplier relationships.
- Providing Commercial support and guidance to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysing data from corporate commercial systems (on/off contract spend) to help identify and drive value for money, efficiency and best practice opportunities.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via email@example.com by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to degree level / equivalent professional experience of working as an analyst or related role.
- Experience working within a commercial function or demonstrable experience of applying the principles of value for money.
- A basic understanding of the principles of category management and/or the contract lifecycle.
- Effective communicator who can build working relationships with a range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Able to proactively manage own workload to deliver to deadlines and know when to seek support.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with enquiries, requests, complaints/escalations in a professional and proactive manner.
- Able to analyse and interpret diverse and often complex sets of information.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Commercial Analyst – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.