- Pay Rate:
£14.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9 months
Temporary Clerk Of Works / Surveyor
Reference no: Caerphilly 5228705
Pay rate £14.17 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 9 months
Clerk of Works required with relevant experience on school projects and corporate premises (not Housing). Office based with daily travel to multiple sites. Able to liaise with contractors to monitor progress of projects and provide written and verbal reports to Architectural and Surveying staff. Monitor quality and progress of school construction and refurbishment projects. Provide written and verbal reports to Project management team. Keep records of key dates and activities on each project to assist with contractual management issues and potential claims for extension of time or claims for variations
- Ensure new schools are built and finished to the highest quality standards possible according to contract, funding and teaching requirements.
- Provide technical advice and support to Architects and Project Managers as required.
- Ensure the delivery of site works are in accordance within approved standards, specifications and schedules.
- Contribute towards the development of new build internal and external specifications ensuring a focus on quality, standards and compliance with relevant legislation and certifying bodies.
- Liaise with contractors and scrutinise technical data and plans to ensure contract compliance.
- Ensure all relevant warranties, standards and certificates are obtained at contract completion.
- Work with Architects, Managers and Project Manager to ensure contracts are completed on time, within budget and to specified standards.
- Ensure high levels of customer / client satisfaction.
- Contribute towards programmes of work and specifications to ensure compliance with relevant standards, quality and value for money.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies, legislation and health and safety regulations
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant Level 4 qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales. For example HNC
- Knowledge of relevant Risk Assessments. Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety issues relating to the post.
- Knowledge of building construction and methods
- Experience of working in a new build, building maintenance, repair service or equivalent business environment.
- Experience of advising operational and supervisory staff, adopting a matrix management type approach.
- Experience of working within a large organisation.
- Relevant experience within a contract environment, installation or new build environment
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to assess and deal effectively with contractors including site teams on a daily basis.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team and demonstrate a professional and flexible approach to work
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Clerk Of Works / Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.