- Pay Rate:
£19.64 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire,
Temporary Clerk of Works/Property Surveyor – Housing
Job Ref: Stoke 5240207
Pay Rate: £19.64 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
City: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
The purpose of the role is to work on the delivery of projects and programmes, which maintain or improve the City Council’s Housing Stock – this shall include working with and motivating key partners/stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered. To maintain records and other appropriate information, distributing to relevant parties when required. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying and engaging project support when necessary.
- Acting as the housing investment and maintenance surveyor to ensure the delivery of high quality and cost effective management of the responsive, voids, and planned maintenance service for the directorate.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and co-ordination of the responsive, voids, and planned maintenance service for the directorate.
- Promote technical excellence across the Directorate, and ensure that services and provision is delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure the appropriate maintenance, improvement and investment in the City Council’s Housing Stock is completed within the predetermined timescales to the prescribed specification, ensuring value for money, is attained in every case.
- Review and challenge where necessary the charges being made by operatives in the completion of all work undertaken in the various work streams.
- Monitor, challenge and correct any deviations from a client perspective where there are concerns regarding value for money, quality of work, and conformity to specifications, and the management and authorisation or refusal of variations to works orders, and to report to the Project Manager – Pre construction.
- Assist the Project Manager – Pre construction with the monitoring of programmes of work and report on individual and overall project programming and delivery. Review works in progress on a regular basis with the Project Manager responsible for the delivery of the works, and to provide statistical analysis as requested/required.
- Ensure financial control, policies and procedures are adhered to for all work.
- Authorise applications to ensure eligibility of work and to examine schedules of work, estimates and quotations for accuracy.
- Carry out property and site surveys to ensure proposals are practical and suitable. To prepare schedules of necessary works to meet Unitas’ needs and to undertake the submission for approval, monitoring, valuation and certification of payments.
- Measure, specify and prepare detailed scale drawings showing existing and proposed layouts.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Good level of education with an intermediate professional qualification or diploma in related discipline.
- Considerable experience of complex project management and of delivering agreed outcomes.
- To have a proven understanding of Health and Safety and Construction, Design & Management (CDM) regulations.
- Experience of monitoring and managing budgets.
- Experience of using computerised management systems.
- Experience of developing excellent working relationships with external agencies and stakeholders.
- Significant experience of preparing cost estimates / schedules of work and contract documents.
- Extensive experience in the preparation and delivery of short and long term business plans and projects.
- Proven experience of applying novel solutions in order to resolve complex problems.
- Thorough knowledge of project management practices.
- Proven knowledge of building maintenance and refurbishment.
- Appropriate vocational/technical qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework for housing maintenance.
- Signification knowledge of property maintenance, housing decency standard and property defects.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to prepare and write progress records. Able to prioritise, plan and manage own workload and projects to meet conflicting work demands.
- Be able to generate confidence, respect and trust of key stakeholders including Ward Members and City Council tenants.
- Ability to effectively manage and co-ordinate a team Property Surveyor and Technical Officers.
- An effective communicator who can inform and involve internal and external partners, stakeholders and tenants.
- The ability to operate within politically sensitive environments.
- Excellent written, numerical and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to use own initiative and make robust decisions in demanding situations.
- A proven track record demonstrating successful negotiation; persuasion and problem solving.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Clerk of Works/Property Surveyor – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.