- Pay Rate:
Up to £14.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Saturday, hours between 8am to 8pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- St Albans, Hertfordshire,
Temporary Civil Enforcement Officer x 3 – Parking
Reference no: St Albans 5238126
Pay Rate: Up to £14.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 40 Monday – Saturday, hours between 8am to 8pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
Candidates must be prepared to work weekends
The purpose of the role is to carry out Parking and Traffic Enforcement throughout Borough through the issue of Penalty Charge Notices. Identify and report vehicles for possible wheel clamping or removal for the reason of being parked in contravention of the relevant restrictions or for being abandoned.
- Enforce parking and traffic regulations on the highway and in car parks through the issue of Penalty Charges and Civil Penalty Notices.
- Enforce parking conditions and rules in housing estates (not designated as public highway or covered by traffic management orders) through the issue of Civil Penalty Notices.
- To identify and request removal of vehicles parked in infringement, abandoned or untaxed.
- When working as part of a two person crew, authorise the removal of vehicles in accordance with the Council’s criteria and all relevant legislation, guidance and codes of practice.
- To report defective parking equipment signs, and lines.
- To report issues requiring investigation and/or action by other services within Tower Hamlets (e.g. defective street lights, signs, litter, rubbish left out for collection, graffiti and fly tipping).
- To contribute to the overall development of Parking & Mobility Services within the Borough.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Must hold or commitment to complete City and Guilds Level 2 Award for Parking Enforcement Officers (or equivalent).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and handle potentially difficult situations
- Ability to communicate over the Radio with Accuracy Brevity Clarity using radio phonetic alphabet codes.
- Clear handwriting and able to compose concise accurate reports.
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- A good team player.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather.
- Ability to drive a vehicle or ride a scooter.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Civil Enforcement Officer x 3 – Parking
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.