- Pay Rate:
£11.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Totnes, Devon,
Temporary Civil Enforcement Officer – Parking
Reference no: S Hams 5226661
Pay Rate: £11.59 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Standard DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to ensure parking controls and restrictions are observed and enforced in a fair, accurate and consistent manner in car parks within South Hams and West Devon (and any other area as deemed necessary), in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004 and locally determined procedures.
- Work as part of an effective team that attains the highest possible standards of customer care.
- Act as an ambassador for the Councils when dealing with customers, answering queries on initial contact or making referrals to other teams.
- Work collaboratively with Council colleagues to improve customer service delivery.
- Liaising with colleagues in respect of daily operational issues.
- Patrol designated off-street parking places as required, ensuring that motorists are complying with the appropriate orders.
- Enforcing parking by serving Penalty Charge Notices where motorists have parked their vehicles in contravention of the relevant restrictions, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Councils.
- Undertaking Market Supervisor duties as required at Council-run markets.
- Undertaking routine inspections of pay & display machines, carrying out minor maintenance when necessary, restocking tickets and reporting any defects that cannot be rectified, as required.
- Undertaking routine inspections and carrying out minor maintenance to, and cleaning of, tariff and information boards, and to report any defects that cannot be rectified.
- Monitoring the condition of signs and lines related to parking restrictions, and reporting defects (eg damaged, worn or obscured) as required.
- Carrying out inspections of standards of cleanliness and maintenance of off- street car parks.
- Identifying and reporting any abandoned vehicles.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full UK driving licence required for this role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Civil Enforcement Officer – Parking
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.