- Pay Rate:
£12.49 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Sunday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-12 months
- KENSINGTON, LONDON,
Temporary Civic / Porter Operative x2
Reference no: K&C 5233474
Pay Rate: £12.49 per hour PAYE
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-12 months
City: KENSINGTON, LONDON
The Civics/ Porters are an integral part of the organisation, corporate property and in-house Facilities Management (FM) function. Essentially the face, eyes and ears providing great representation for the organisation, setting up meeting rooms and replenishing water where applicable and have a key role in facilitating high level of professionalism, while ensuring that visitors have a positive experience visiting the sites with the civic building operational 24 hours a day.
The Civic Building The role is to o provide a professional portering service for the Council with the emphasis is on delivering a range of facilities services that will include but not limited to, managing the loading bay, receiving all deliveries & working with the mail room in conjunction with postal room deliveries and distribution, managing meeting rooms, within KTH and the Civic suite as well as various ad-hoc duties and request from the FM Helpdesk
- Work a split shift pattern between the hours of 06.30 - 19.30 consisting of an early and a late shift rotating fortnightly with two civic assistants on each shift.
- Check daily all the toilets on B1, Ground, 1st, 2nd and third floors of the Freeman Suite and the first floor of the Civic Suite logging any cleanliness issues with the cleaning supervisor and any defects to helpdesk.
- Daily clean, tidy and reconfigure all meeting rooms in the Freeman Suite as per client’s requirements and assist with any audio and visual aids as and when required.
- Check daily and liaise with internal and external clients regarding forthcoming room bookings.
- Daily check the Cabinet Meeting Room and replenish the coffee machine and table water.
- Daily check and tidy the Leaders Room by the Mayors Parlour and replenish the table water.
- Daily check and tidy the Leaders Room by governance and replenish the table water. Including daily wash and clean the carafes and glasses used in the Civic Suite committee rooms.
- Daily check all smart boards in all the meeting rooms in B1,Ground, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors and reporting any issues to ISD.
- Complete daily floor checks on B1,ground,1st,2nd and 3rd floor for first aid kits,Fire extinguishers,bulbs,workstation chairs,wet and dry bins next to office service stations and reporting any defects from the floors to helpdesk.
- Open lockers and drawers when required. (This happens Daily)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent gained through experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication and influencing skills and capabilities
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, should be friendly, approachable and assertive when necessary as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Oroven ability to work to a high standard (occasionally unsupervised), demonstrate a good eye for detail, is flexible, with good time management and communication skills
- Ability to deal with members of the public, staff, senior officers, councillors and people at different levels
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Civic / Porter Operative x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.