- Pay Rate:
£236.8 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
18.50 Monday – Friday, TBC
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Interim Childrens Social Worker Manager
Reference no: Middlesbrough 1000324614738118
Pay Rate: £236.8 per day PAYE
18.50 Monday – Friday, TBC
This opening assignment is 4-5 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
A Children’s Social Worker Manager is required manage the delivery of high quality Children’s Social Work services, within legislative and corporate frameworks, meeting operational targets and outcomes and taking defensible operational decisions which reflect service policies and standards. To work flexibly across Children’s Services and with other agencies, partners and stakeholders to meet the needs of children, young people and families
- Line manage a team of social workers in order to ensure the effective and safe delivery of children’s social care services.
- Deliver effective management guidance and oversight to ensure that each team member produces high quality assessment and case work services within the legislative and policy framework.
- Effectively chair a range of meetings and make decisions as appropriate to the needs of the children involved.
- Set, monitor and evaluate standards at individual, team and service level so that the highest standards of service are delivered and maintained. Use data, where appropriate, to enhance the quality of performance, service provision and support decision making processes.
- Monitor team performance against statutory requirements, service objectives, performance standards and outcomes.
- Provide high quality supervision which promotes learning, reflection and ensures comprehensive assessments and appropriate packages of care and support are completed.
- Use the law, regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions. Make use of the best evidence from research to inform the complex judgements and decisions needed to support families and protect children from intra-familial and extra-familial harm.
- Ensure that individual professional standards are maintained, including full compliance with policy and procedural guidelines and accepting primary responsibility for the level and quality of casework recording.
- Maintain registration with Social Work England and adhere to the Social Work England standards of contact, performance and ethics, and standards for continuing professional development.
- Directly manage the team, ensuring that service objectives are achieved. Directly manage people in the team, support their learning and development and undertake own personal development. Directly manage budgets assigned to the team, ensuring that financial objectives are achieved
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent Social Work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PGDipSW), Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS).
- Current Social Work England Registration.
- Full driving licence and business insurance
- Knowledge of a range of social work theories relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of the main social care services and resources provided by the statutory, voluntary and independent sector.
- Knowledge to use the law, regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions.
- Understanding of multi-agency systems, agreements and protocols.
- Recognise harm and risk indicators of different forms of harm to children.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience of direct work with children and their families, including children in need of support and child protection.
- Experience of managing teams and people, managing performance, managing finance and decision making.
- Experience of supporting learning and development and partnership working.
- Substantial post qualifying experience of working in a safeguarding or statutory Social Work context.
- Experience in developing care plans and implementing care packages. Experience of case management and allocation systems and managing capacity.
- Proven assessment and supervisory skills.
- Experience of working effectively with professionals from a diverse range of organisations and of using policies and procedures in Social Work practice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Able to effectively plan and prioritise workload.
- Service-specific information and case management systems skills.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to work in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to handle difficult situations sensitively.
- Self-motivated, energetic, not easily discouraged with ability to work under pressure.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Childrens Social Worker Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.