- Pay Rate:
£35.13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- WEMBLEY, LONDON,
Interim Childcare Lawyer
Reference no: Brent 5227163
Pay rate £35.13 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Standard DBS disclosure required
To provide legal advice and assistance on all aspects of Social Services law
- Provide specialist legal advice and assistance on all issues arising within the post holder’s area of responsibility
- Personally conduct advocacy on behalf of the Council and instruct counsel as appropriate.
- Approve or amend legal aspects of reports to be submitted to members requiring decisions and attend committee and other meetings to give legal advice as necessary.
- Provide proactive legal advice and assistance to meet the needs of members and officers and assist with client liaison.
- Contribute towards the running of the team and Legal Services
- Actively contribute to developing policies and good practice.
- Provide cover as necessary for other areas within Legal Services as a whole and to deputise for Senior Lawyers as required.
- To support with strategic and corporate legal work.
- To deal with individual case work and prepare associated documentation.
- To advise on disputes with third parties on behalf of the council
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Admitted solicitor or qualified barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives
- Thorough knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Children Social Care, Community Care, Mental Health, Human Rights
- Significant post qualification experience in the legal profession
- Relevant experience in the legal profession (preferably within the last 2 years) handling at least one of the below areas: Children’s Social Care, Community Care, Mental Health, Human Rights
- Experience of contributing to corporate decision making and development of corporate policy and strategy
- Good presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally
- Ability to give clear and proactive legal advice in a manner which supports clients in achieving their organisational objectives
- Ability to personally handle with minimum supervision all matters within the postholders area of responsibility and to carry a heavy caseload of criminal litigation work
- Ability to assist with the development of policy
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.