- Pay Rate:
£14.34 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ROMFORD, LONDON,
Temporary CCTV Operative
Reference no: Havering RQ792002
Pay rate £14.34 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
12 Hours shifts (days and nights) 7 days on and 7 days off
Provision of a professional CCTV monitoring service. Ensuring the public space CCTV System is monitored in accordance with its objectives and to maintain the integrity, security, accuracy and confidentiality of all information gained at all times by compliance with legislative requirements regarding data management, including Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA)
- Operate all allocated equipment and cameras using own knowledge, skill and judgement and to fully comply with the CCTV code of practice and all operational control room procedures at all times.
- Proactively monitor and patrol, via screens in the Council's CCTV monitoring centres and take any remedial or immediate action and notification as appropriate to events seen.
- Communicate with all internal and external departments, local police all other external agencies or the public in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Record all events and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate written format and to record these as required.
- Produce and maintain continuity of all detailed records or evidential material required in a clear, legible accurate format. This includes Video Data management records, evidence records, and witness statements to a standard acceptable as evidence in court.
- Operate the Town Centre Traffic Management System
- Ensure all equipment is functioning correctly and carry out equipment checks as required,
- Strictly observe all security instructions and ensure the security of the control room and all equipment is maintained satisfactorily at all times, which includes access control of all visitors to the control room and access to other areas of Council Property.
- Work on a rotating 24 hour shift pattern including weekend & bank holiday working as required across all the Council's CCTV control room sites.
- Take telephone reports from residents on anti-social behaviour incidents on housing estates and deal as appropriate by either logging the call or contacting the Police or other council staff
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- Experience of working effectively under pressure
- Experience of working in a CCTV environment
- Experience of working with partner agencies
- Previous experience in similar role
- Ability to accurately and consistently follow instructions without close supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with emergency services and members of the public
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.