- Pay Rate:
£11.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, 7am to 4pm
This opening assignment is for 15 months
Temporary Catering Assistant/Barista – Hospitality
Reference no: Merseyside TCL 360776
Pay Rate £11.91 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 40 Monday – Friday, 7am to 4pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 15 months
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
The purpose of the role is to work as part of a team performing a variety of tasks such as: front of house service, preparing coffees for customers on a barista machine, serving quality beverages and food products to all customers and washing up.
- Be responsible for utilising the electronic point of sale (tills), to ensure payments are processed, orders are monitored and served to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene within the kitchen, serving area and eating area.
- Work as part of a team providing a highly efficient and functional hospitality service.
- Ensure knowledge of all served food and drinks to provide the customer a full understanding of current menu options.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the catering provision.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Good standard of general education.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in a retail or hospitality role is essential. Ideally with experience as a Barista in a coffee shop or work place canteen.
- Good communication skills are required as the postholder is expected to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Proficient use of electronic tills/cash handling.
- Ability to work independently with strong organisational and time management skills.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Catering Assistant/Barista – Hospitality
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.