- Pay Rate:
£17.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Category Manager - Commissioning
Reference no: Wrexham RQ785118
Pay rate £17.82 per hour PAYE
The Category Manager will lead on strategic sourcing activities within the designated category area with the goal of achieving improved value for money outcomes from the Councils procurement activity. The successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to develop procurement implementation plans and will aim to deliver a pro active, professional and highly commercial procurement service that is responsive to service needs and delivery. The role has a direct report to the Strategic Procurement Lead and will operate in a team environment with other Procurement staff; it will also involve a ‘hands on’ departmental delivery role to assist in the delivery of identified benefits and efficiencies
- Develop, champion, ensure delivery and implementation of compliant procurement arrangements and ideas that will assist in optimising total cost of acquisitions made by the Council for the assigned spend categories.
- Embed strategic procurement plans in to day to day activities ensuring purchasing activities deliver improved sourcing processes in accordance with the Council’s strategic aims.
- Analyse and prioritise spend activity within an allocated portfolio of responsibility, working with key Departmental Officers to identify key opportunities for efficiency savings.
- Research, plan and deliver the preferred options and approaches to contract and tender management in the form of Category strategies and sourcing plans.
- Develop and project manage category teams comprising of representatives from Departments to produce and determine contract specifications and other key contract requirements.
- Ensure that procurement is undertaken in accordance with the Council’s Financial Regulations and relevant legislation.
- Deliver a portfolio of contracts and framework agreements maximising the use of purchasing power and minimising the value of off contract and spot buying.
- Monitor and evaluate contract performance, identify problems and initiate corrective action, in conjunction with Departmental Officers.
- Assist in the provision of commercial and efficiency savings information by maintaining record of procurement outcomes and value for money results achieved.
- Work with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to support the local economy ensuring that sustainability issues are considered and that local SME’s are provided with appropriate support to compete for the Council’s contract opportunities
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement principles, concepts and techniques, including Framework Agreements and Dynamic Purchasing Systems.
- Procurement Legislation knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience of using procurement methods and contract administration
- Strong understanding of procurement best practise
- Experience in developing and managing procurement and contracts for services
- Experience in the use of e-procurement systems and tools
- Procurement experience
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Category Manager - Commissioning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.